Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She raced her fourth XC race on Saturday, May 22. She's really getting the feel for her quad and the speed is beginning to come. She was second off the starting line, but third got by her in the first corner; there were only 3 in her class. She raced her own race, only did two laps, but the times were quite respectable. For the second race in a row she was the fastest female on the track. Her second lap was within 1:42 of my best lap! I was stunned that she could put a lap time up like that.

She said we didn't get a good picture of her on the MX track so later that evening she went back out and got some air. Unfortunately, the light was fading fast and most of the pics didn't come out so well. Here's a couple that did.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
That is awesome !!! :thumb: :thumb: She is looking really fast !!! :rockon:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I Love the picture with the plaques......Shes still all smiles, lol

Whats the story on starting with no goggles though?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats the story on starting with no goggles though?

That's a sore subject with me. She wears glasses, won't wear contacts and doesn't like goggles with her glasses. I even bought her an OTG pair of Oakley goggles and she won't wear them. I've ranted and raved and used up all of my tricks and she won't budge, short of saying she can't race unless she wears them I'm out of options. I figure that as the weather gets warm and the tracks dusty she'll decide on her own to wear them. I hope so, I wouldn't even think of racing without goggles.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
They do make some goggle lenses with the prescription specs built into them...A buddy of mine wears that and doesn't wear his glasses while riding...if you want I can get the info for you.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
They do make some goggle lenses with the prescription specs built into them...A buddy of mine wears that and doesn't wear his glasses while riding...if you want I can get the info for you.
i have seen ads for these in the back of dirt wheels.. i need to try them out myself.. :lol:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've looked into those, but I am holding the line that she must try to wear the goggles before I go any farther. Daddys can be stubborn too.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yeah im sure its alittle more of a hassle with having glasses but my 1 friend races with his Glasses and goggles without issues......she'll try it sometime im sure

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I've looked into those, but I am holding the line that she must try to wear the goggles before I go any farther. Daddys can be stubborn too.
to be honest its very rare i finish a race with my goggles still on..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts