Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really didnt but its cool that we are doing these threads now so people can search for them later and are available...

·
Registered
66 Posts
hey at least you didnt do this... DONT ASK :banghead:

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
hey at least you didnt do this... DONT ASK :banghead:
Haha I should be a stripper for my day job:banghead::banghead: I'm so good at it! Drain plug allen crank case oil tank drain bolt, and oil filter cover all done with a torque wrench too:wtf::mad1:

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Haha I should be a stripper for my day job:banghead::banghead: I'm so good at it! Drain plug allen crank case oil tank drain bolt, and oil filter cover all done with a torque wrench too:wtf::mad1:
Were you using metric allen keys?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yes, I was just over tightened it.. I hate aluminum for this reason:banghead:

Yeah aluminum will give with a quickness....I'm an Airframer with the Navy and know this very well. I suggest to not even use a torque wrench for tightening things such as drain plugs and oil filter cover bolts...I make them "snug" and call it a day. However, I must say after all these years I think my elbow is calibrated.:D

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
Yeah aluminum will give with a quickness....I'm an Airframer with the Navy and know this very well. I suggest to not even use a torque wrench for tightening things such as drain plugs and oil filter cover bolts...I make them "snug" and call it a day. However, I must say after all these years I think my elbow is calibrated.:D
So how do I get on of those damn elbows, I've looked everywhere??:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
It took me 9 years of being an Air Framer in the Marine Corps to get a calibrated elbow.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Send me some pics of your problem and I may be able to get it out. without having to drill it bigger. Im a Machinist so Yea I can help you out on this one:thumb:

·
Registered
263 Posts
i stripped my crankcase drain plug installed a helicoil...and no more problems...a good last resort permanent fix if the self tapping drain plug doesnt work...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts