Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. Trying to help my brother out with his 03 660. It came with a dyna fs programmable ignition. Was curious what the popular setting was on these, as there are 4 different settings? Do these make much difference on a 3 modded (pipe, intake, jetted) quad?

Does the programmable come with maps already installed? Thanks for the help!

....and does it get rid of teh reverse limiter?

·
Registered
680 Posts
not on a 3 mod bike it doesnt. and i dont see how it would have maps?the 660s arnt fuel injected

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not on a 3 mod bike it doesnt. and i dont see how it would have maps?the 660s arnt fuel injected

Its an ignition, has nothing to do with fuel or fuel injection....what I was getting at is different curves/maps.....from the factory. It turns out it has 4 pre installed.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
the dyna has 4 preset maps for the ign and the do make a good difference in power....it should have a switch box w/2 very small switches....on the 700r curve 2 is the most popular and should be the same for the 660

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you. Here is the reply I got from dyna.....

Thank you for your recent inquiry.The programmable unit has four (4) preset advance curves you can access withthe curve selector switch.Curve 4 is stock, but will offer a large increase in spark output (same for all 4 curves). Curve 3 is for the big bore, high compression motors. Curve 2is for improved bottom and midrange power and curve 1 for increased mid to topend power.Keep in mind that the more aggressive the timing curve, you may need to rejetbthe carburetor for optimum performance.Thank you,Larry NelsonTechnical SupportDynatek

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
true...and good answer from them.....the unit will make slightly more power then stock on the #4 setting......but u want to run curve 2 with the 3 mod bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts