Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a Dynatek programmable Ignition (with DL's Curves) but have yet to use it. I have a question about switching to the different curves. Can the bike be running when I switch curves, or does it have to be turned off?
Thanks for any help, any extra info about the ign would be great to. So if you have any please share.
Later, thanks for taking a look.
:rockon:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
it can be switched while on , leave the switch box connected and zip tied securely
solder in the yellow wire or solder in a 3 in piece of wire with a female spade connector for it to plug into

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good luckand enjoy the new power
Thanks Dan, I solderd in the yellow wire.
I have it all tucked away nice to.
The Ign and the PC3 are in the little bible cover.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I noticed the switch for your dynatek next to the cubby hole. You might want to put a piece of electrical tape over the switches to keep dirt and crap out of the switches. It works pretty slick, and stays put.:thumb: BTW, what brand is the crankcase breather filter you have on there, and where did you find it?

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
did you have to cut the divider out in storage area? whered you buy the cover may be ncie to ahve something like that.
Yes I cut the divider out with a small air die grinder. I got the cover off eBay for $10.00. Its called a portable small leather bible case.
The PC3 is inside the main compartment and the ign fits in the front pocket.

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed the switch for your dynatek next to the cubby hole. You might want to put a piece of electrical tape over the switches to keep dirt and crap out of the switches. It works pretty slick, and stays put.:thumb: BTW, what brand is the crankcase breather filter you have on there, and where did you find it?
Cool, I didn't think of the dirt getting into the switch. I will do that with the tape.
The breather came from Autozone for about $8.00. They have differnt colors.
See that's why I made this thread, got more info then I thought I was going to get. Modded Raptor folks are the best!

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, curve 2 kicks ass.
Thanks DL!

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, curve 2 kicks ass.
Thanks DL!
DL, is this the best curve for me to be running with?
I was reading one of your post and you were talking about curve two falling off and not working well with the cam if I remember right. Is this true, should I be on a diffrent curve for my mods?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
i reprogrammed them all.. curve 2 in your box will have a bit softer low end then curve 3

run curve 3 for the most power from bottom to top!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
yes, will will pick up a ton of power in the over rev resulting in a longer more useable powerband....a bit of peak power as well

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
WOW, got a lot more torque on cure 3.
Feels like a new quad. Thanks DL!

·
Making wheelies