Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First id like to say thanks to KEVIN (yfm700lover) for sending me his new DYNATEK programmable ignition to test....

This test was done on a near stock bike with the following mods:
PC3, air box removed with a K&N cone filter, sparky and internal baffle removed from the stock pipe, and HOTCAMS stage3
fifth gear runs..........
GAINS wwere seen from 6500rpm and above.....
**installing and running this ignition on the STOCK curve will eliminate the speed sensor while retaining the stock ignition curve
**the fuel curve while running the CURVE 2 setting was not adversely affected
** if u have been runnin with the speed sensor inplace u will see larger gains then posted in fifth gear due to a lower baseline run
this first sheet is from the stock ignition map to CURVE 2 as most will run...

this next sheet is the difference in power from stock to a CUSTOM curve....more power up top around 6800 rpm and huge gains down low from 2500rpm to 5000rpm
**the fuel curve needed to be modified slightly

i tried going to 36*total from 32 but found no power gains

·
Registered
305 Posts
nice!!!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u see it pulled over 50 hp!!!!before the ign.....due to removing the plastics(front)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, not yet....that will be after a piston and head port...unless i win one this month

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Dam look at that custom curve. Shit I just bought a NON-prog however, I did get a smoking deal on it! . Oh well I guess I'll buy a prog. unit next! Hey DL did you program this special curve? I will prolly send you a prog some time down the road. I am very impressed by those numbers down low

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
yeah, i did.....rewrote the whole curve.... the hc3 really needs the extra timing down low
the non programmable unit may be perfect for a stock cam bike.....that is yet to be tested....

·
Registered
358 Posts
DL, would you be willing to share the details of what you did to the timing curve? I'm getting ready to order the programming kit for my dynatek, and I have an HC3 coming from troywcc as well.

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
yeah, i did.....just getting the timing to come in sooner and stay at total timing longer.... the hc3 really needs the extra timing down low
the non programmable unit may be perfect for a stock cam bike.....that is yet to be tested....

Curve 2 on the programmable is the same curve that the non programmable has:thumb:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've found the same gains (especially down low). I can usually see a gain at 33-34° total, but it is a "sweet spot" that will lose a whole hp if you go past it by 1°.:coolshades:

·
Registered
177 Posts
this next sheet is the difference in power from stock to a CUSTOM curve....more power up top around 6800 rpm and huge gains down low from 2500rpm to 5000rpm
**the fuel curve needed to be modified slightly

DL, I have to travel 8hrs one way to get to a dyno equipped shop to tune my PCIII. I would like to use a custom curve, is there any other way to get it set up right? Anyone have the same mods, that I can share the program?

·
Registered
201 Posts
My Raptor is all GYTR parts so you would think it would be a simple matter of putting in the PCIII map for those mods.Wrong it wasnt even close.So yes a dyno tune is really the way to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts