Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone who has had their bike at a dyno...post up your sheets and mods so we can see what youre running. This should help people see what mods improve what part of the performance of their bikes. The more sheets the better!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Here is one with 12.5:1 JE, hotcam stage2,gytr intake, and Barkers, dyno'd on a load cell dyno

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
Well here is mine from my initial build at 105 degrees and a little humid.. I did another dyno session after I put on some additional go fast parts and I'm at 79.7 hp and 59 ft lbs of TQ that was indoors with AC. It gets there fast to.. I haven't seen a curve like it!!:thumb: I am interested to see what everyones looks like

The red is the raptor in 3 mod to compare!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Wow, sick curve, I hope mine in a few weeks looks half that good

·
Registered
864 Posts
That is one nice looking sheet, lol

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Wow, DL that is some sweet results for stock exhaust.. Looks like I need a cam!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sheet...I defenitley need a CNC head and a way better intake. This thing falls on its face in the higher RPM's due to that fact that my air flow system is the weak link on this bike. Hopefully i will do that this winter and take it back up there and see big gains. Again this is an Eddy Current dyno....he has compared numbers with exact same bikes with different dynos and his numbers were consistantly 10-15% lower than enyone elses around. Dave is a great guy to work with and he really knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sheet...I defenitley need a CNC head and a way better intake. Keep an eye out for a new BoxofRox intake system too. This thing falls on its face in the higher RPM's due to that fact that my air flow system is the weak link on this bike. Hopefully i will do that this winter and take it back up there and see big gains. Again this is an Eddy Current dyno....he has compared numbers with exact same bikes with different dynos and his numbers were consistantly 10-15% lower than enyone elses around. Dave is a great guy to work with and he really knows what he is doing.
That is sick! Nice work! Let me know when you are ready for the CNC head....Maybe I can make you a deal:thumb:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Sheet...I defenitley need a CNC head and a way better intake. Keep an eye out for a new BoxofRox intake system too. This thing falls on its face in the higher RPM's due to that fact that my air flow system is the weak link on this bike. Hopefully i will do that this winter and take it back up there and see big gains. Again this is an Eddy Current dyno....he has compared numbers with exact same bikes with different dynos and his numbers were consistantly 10-15% lower than enyone elses around. Dave is a great guy to work with and he really knows what he is doing.
what happened to the rest of your graph......being an EDDY CURRENT DYNO means nothing in relation to hp #'s unless it was ran under a load.....

·
Registered
391 Posts
its the scaling....torque was scaled diffferent.....someone doesn't know how to use their software....

Trust me, they know what their doing at Rooster Built and to imply anything different is out of line.

·
Registered
391 Posts
what happened to the rest of your graph....tell them to unzoom and use force scaling......being an EDDY CURRENT DYNO means nothing in relation to hp #'s unless the ran the whole run under a load.....

You may be the big dyno expert on this forum, but you shouldn't be criticising Dave at RB and the way he tunes and makes pulls. FYI he always runs the whole thing under a load:eyebrow: I really don't see why your shit talking a guy who consitently tunes the fastest bikes in the Northwest...that go out and back it up with wins on the hills.....that's just not cool :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
These sheets are a little confusing to read because of the fact that each side of the graph is a different number. But at Roosterbuilt he is heavily experienced and knows what he is doing. And yes the whole run was under a load just like the bike would be under a load shooting up a hill in 5th gear. I believe that is the proper way to do it because it is more realistic. And when we were in there he was ready to finalize the day then we asked him to do 1 more pull for us and actually picked up some HP and TQ on the final run. Spark plug wire maybe?? No.....the bike just cooled down a bit and ran better. Dave is an excellent guy to work with and is very knowledgable

1 - 20 of 49 Posts