Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my raptor 700 from my builder and I'm again disappointed with my peak H.P. numbers (51.5). I know he dynoed my quad in 5th gear and Im told(cuervo-racing) that the 5th gear limiter adjusts timing once the quad senses a certain tire speed? Im wondering if I might have more H.P. to gain and if this is why my dyno was low back when I had the big 3? I've read from past posts(cuervo-racing) that you can disconnect the clutch switch to eliminate the Limiter for dyno, but if left off, the quad will only start in neutral. Any builders or experienced Raptor guys have any opinions?

·
Registered
105 Posts
That does seem low. Some dyno's are really stingy. I am assuming you did dyno at lower sea level elevation? If so I would think you should be in the low to mid 60's HP wise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dyno was done at like 400ft elevation. 72° day. I sent my builder info on the 5th gear limiter and he is having me bring it back in. So we will how it goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up having the builder Dyno/Power Run the quad in 4th gear and bam! I got the results we wanted. The Horsepower Jumped up to 59.5. It was the 5th gear limiter, limiting the horsepower the whole time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts