Modded Raptors Forum banner
181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Age and experience is the only difference for most.
The guys just getting ( young bulls ) in and doing well is because of the study of what has worked before ( for the old bulls ) and attempting to make improvements.
The successful ( Old bulls ) dont stay on top or close if they stop making improvements and continue with ( well this is what I have always done ).

Most have heard this joke.
A young bull and an old bull got loose from the barn. They were standing on the hill looking down at all the cows. The young bull says "lets run down there and screw one of those cows while we are out." The old bull says
" Nah,Let's walk down there and screw them all "
Yea, I know the "Old Bull" story, , , ,

We Have another story here on the coast,

Two sharks are circling some swimmers,, ,

The young shark says, Dad lets rush in there and eat all 3 of them. .

The Dad says, No Son, , wait, , , lets circle around them 1 time with half our fins out of water and 2 more times with full fin out of water, ,

The son said Dad, ,why wait??

The Dad said , Son they taste much better with all the shit out of them!

·
Registered
799 Posts
thats the big headache, dialing in a carb (whatever brand) to work for the intended application, and do it flawlessly. just having the right air filter/ intake/needle/power jet combo was a hp swing of 8 hp..... doing that leg work is where the power is made.
Not to foget to mention the slide on the lectron will out do the tb/butterfly in cfm in all aspects of lift points :beerchug:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not to foget to mention the slide on the lectron will out do the tb/butterfly in cfm in all aspects of lift points :beerchug:

Flat slide efi t-body's already in production for motorcycles. There is an american manufactuer that is building some ATV's that look very good so far that are using flat slide efi.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Flat slide efi t-body's already in production for motorcycles. There is an american manufactuer that is building some ATV's that look very good so far that are using flat slide efi.
Well,the ones commonly used on the 700 is what I am talking about ,maybe some day may try one of those tbs on a single . some interesting stuff though

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well,the ones commonly used on the 700 is what I am talking about ,maybe some day may try one of those tbs on a single . some interesting stuff though
Its been tried on several different single cylinder motorcycles. It works well.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
you mean highlands?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
the flat slide in a 50_+ mm would add quite a bit of performance to the game, maybe not in peak numbers as much as a cleaner rpm

·
Registered
799 Posts
That is what he meant but he wasn't supposed to let the cat out of the bag yet :lol:

The throttle bodies I have had on a flow bench will out flow the head by quite a good margin right now.
Dammit, I knew I should have kept my mouth shut thanks for letting the cat out of the bag now ,The secrets out Tim thanks!:Hilarious: Yeah, and what a dfference on the bench !:thumb:

181 - 194 of 194 Posts