5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
cost on an EFi setup

Big tb with injector 700-800
PC controller $300
Ignition $340
drag cut ire harness $100
electronics tray $100
labor to install the above$250 so like stated, within a few hundred and thats including a Terry cable throttle box

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Well...I see nothings changed around here...

Just so everyone knows, My Raptor is THE fastest Stock bore, stock stroke, 11.5:1 compression, Bo White ported, stock swinger, ASV lever having, Boise State Bronco graphics rockin, 230 lb fat guy ridden bike out there. And to top it off...Its FI! BOOOOOOOOOOM!

·
Registered
260 Posts

Just so everyone knows, My Raptor is THE fastest Stock bore, stock stroke, 11.5:1 compression, Bo White ported, stock swinger, ASV lever having, Boise State Bronco graphics rockin, 230 lb fat guy ridden bike out there. And to top it off...Its FI! BOOOOOOOOOOM!

:nonono:

·
Banned
3,303 Posts
Tom, you had a bad comment towards DL on this thread am not starting anything , a fact though he has done alot for many on MR including me what have you shared? OK, I will give you the fact you host FSA thats nice , January is approaching I guess we will see what your years of knowledge brings HDD. Im sure it will be different then last time, and no not part of HDDs payroll, but if the kid needs some help , or $$$$$ Im in , and after all he has done for me its not a problem, he has offered alot of info and advise on things I am working on . Hey , HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MAY YOU HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR !:beerchug:
Tom apparently is allowed to say what he wants....I would hate to see what happens if DL ruined one of his threads.....prolly get banned again from the next race.

I am young in my industry as Daniel is in his.....Our generation takes info from our past generations finidings and improve them and make them better. Is that not what is going on here? Just like most info DL posts. IMO our generation has a totally different look at things that you old school guys might not have thought about. We have that fresh drive that you older fellas have lost over the years. Thats how evolution works fellas.....You old school guys just need to get over the "IT WAS MY IDEA, NOT YOURS."

DL, I have the same issue....I started running multi-million dollar projects when I was 28. The older Superintendents hated me and prolly still do. I do not run my jobs anything like the rest of them and they talked shit to me just like you get (But guess who is running the largest jobs now). There are guys with 30-40 years experience that dont get the large projects like I do. But for some reason I save thousands of dollars every job and every job is done before its supposed to and looks flawless.

AGE AND EXPERIENCE MEAN NOTHING IMO.....

Anyways.....DL is a site sponsor, is this how we treat sponsors to the forum?

Oh and like slowrappy said....Thanks Yamaha!!!!

"Just sayin"

·
Banned
3,303 Posts
It means nothing if you are smart!! I have worked guys with triple the experience and they were dumb as hell! Yes some experience is required but a 40 yr vet is not always smarter than the 5 or 10 year guy. That's not always the case but it is the case for me in my line of work.

·
Banned
1,490 Posts
that is true im just saying experience does mean something...:thumb:
someone who goes to school and passes tests wont be able to go out into the field and perform as well as someone with say 4 years experience im not bagging and tom or dan, i respect daniel very much...just simply stating experience does mean something... :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
id like to take this time to thank yamaha,,, they started this whole thing!
Now your just puttin the cart before the horse. It was Honda in 1970 with the US90 Then Kawasaki with the quad.

Ya but Boise still lost.............:lol:

Tom apparently is allowed to say what he wants....I would hate to see what happens if DL ruined one of his threads.....prolly get banned again from the next race.

I am young in my industry as Daniel is in his.....Our generation takes info from our past generations finidings and improve them and make them better. Is that not what is going on here? Just like most info DL posts. IMO our generation has a totally different look at things that you old school guys might not have thought about. We have that fresh drive that you older fellas have lost over the years. Thats how evolution works fellas.....You old school guys just need to get over the "IT WAS MY IDEA, NOT YOURS."

DL, I have the same issue....I started running multi-million dollar projects when I was 28. The older Superintendents hated me and prolly still do. I do not run my jobs anything like the rest of them and they talked shit to me just like you get (But guess who is running the largest jobs now). There are guys with 30-40 years experience that dont get the large projects like I do. But for some reason I save thousands of dollars every job and every job is done before its supposed to and looks flawless.

"Just sayin"
It means nothing if you are smart!! I have worked guys with triple the experience and they were dumb as hell! Yes some experience is required but a 40 yr vet is not always smarter than the 5 or 10 year guy. That's not always the case but it is the case for me in my line of work.

Don't worry you will get it when you get older.......:thumb:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If You are Reading this Mr John RE or Mr,Tom can you chim in on the Subject?
I was asked to respond.

First off, Kenz and RE were the first to develop the carb/MSD conversion 2 years ago. Kenz with the Cutler and Racers Edge with the Lectron, so give credit where credit is do.

Second, there is a lot more to converting from EFI to carb than just bolting on a carb. What was left unsaid is that a MSD ignition, flywheel modification, and harness modification are all a must before a carb will work as well as a few other mods.
My initial statement

You can make power with both EFI or carb. There are certain applications where I would not use a carb and vice a versus.
No names mentioned or directed at anyone

we were never taking the credit for converting to carb, only posting about making it a simpler setup, without the need to modify the head for carb angle or weld on a new spicket to the head or the need to run a fuel pump or regulator(which seemed to pleague some peeps).....and making it start and run as any other efi bike,,,starts with NO throttle input needed...idles at the correct speed without loading up the spark plug...tuning thru the throttle range is excelent when the correct needle is used..
DL's response and jab at me

Go to PMs if you have anything further?

I did not start the interaction, but obviously there is a history there and I will respond when probed.

Brett, success comes from hard work and dedication in any form of business. It sounds like you practice that in your own line of work. In todays economy you see many construction oriented businesses shutting the doors, the ones that remain are the ones with good business practices and a strong customer base. I will admit, I am old school and very conservative in my business and life style, but the reason our business has grown when others are closing up shop is because we instill hard work ethics and we practice integrity. Even at my age I can out work most because I was taught how to do so at a young age. We set up over 2000 ft. of fencing/poles up hill every race to bring legitimate hill racing to the community. At this point in my life, I don't need to do that, we are not making money, we are donating our time in service for others. My problem with some of the younger generation is that they feel they are entitled and are lazy. Many were raised behind a computer or video game and are too good to do any type of manual labor. Many either milk the system or are living off of it for the next party. So, it's not an issue of new innovation vs perfecting innovation, it's about responsibility, honesty, and integrity. Not stepping on who ever you can to get to the top. That's a liberal approach that I don't agree with and never will. We all want success, how you get there defines you as a person.

141 - 160 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.