Modded Raptors Forum banner
161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
That stuff will kill you Aaron.. Or do you put in your quad? That's why its so fast !
As jacked up as I got drinking it I fugured might as well put it in the quad too...Like running on nitro,lmao:lol:

·
Registered
257 Posts
the world is not limited to bikes that run in FSA... got out a lil more and youll see a few
Thats funny. I have seen Tom racing all over the country. Of course he and I are oldtimers that have been doing this before many of you took your first ride on a big wheel.

I like the idea of a simple ( kit ) and commend you on trying it. However, its not simple ( for most ).

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Thats funny. I have seen Tom racing all over the country. Of course he and I are oldtimers that have been doing this before many of you took your first ride on a big wheel.

I like the idea of a simple ( kit ) and commend you on trying it. However, its not simple ( for most ).

Thanks for posting something legit...

the carb setup is not Simple due to the time invested in working out the kinks in a different setup for every bike....

what weve done for our stuff if dial in the carb with needle to run with our spec filter and needle...the correct cable to work with the correct throttle box ect... so when the customer gets the carb setup it will be as simple as wiring in the MSD, installing the carb, filter, throttle box/ cable and flywheel...at that point the only adjustments will be tuning with the powerjet and timing adjustments from our baseline dial in....

were putting together conversion kits with fuel tank/ electronics tray/ and wire harness to make it a true bolt on conversion

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 · (Edited)
yes that is the base model for the carb we use before the custom spec bore, slide, idle screw and spicket modifications, the billet throttle housing doesnt quite work for the carb we us so it gets modified.....that throttle cable doesnt work so it gets modified.....you get where im going with this....

·
Registered
426 Posts
yes that is the base model for the carb we use before the custom spec bore, slide, idle screw and spicket modifications, the billet throttle housing doesnt quite work for the carb we us so it gets modified.....that throttle cable doesnt work so it gets modified.....you get where im going with this....
In other words...

Just kidding... specialty stuff, lots of complicated numbers that 70% of us dont understand...

·
Registered
170 Posts
DL glad to see you still working on things to save weight and go fast. People only hate if you're doing stuff they can't like always say. The hate goes on but talk don't make me mad it makes me money. That's why I'm Hard2Love Easy2Hate! Keep the good work coming and me and some others will continue to support your hard work.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks like a crankshop carb. I heard those carbs are difficult to adjust.
No not a crankshop. There several similar carbs out there. Lectrons are refined and they will work on custom orders like DL did. Getting a good setup takes alot of work. I wasnt taking away from the kit posted.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
No not a crankshop. There several similar carbs out there. Lectrons are refined and they will work on custom orders like DL did. Getting a good setup takes alot of work. I wasnt taking away from the kit posted.
thats the big headache, dialing in a carb (whatever brand) to work for the intended application, and do it flawlessly. just having the right air filter/ intake/needle/power jet combo was a hp swing of 8 hp..... doing that leg work is where the power is made.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm curious what criteria seperates the the Old Bulls and the Young Bulls in this sport?

I'm always a day late and a dollar short I guess. . . I did own The first year Yamaha Banshee, at a tender age of 10. I know according to the warning stickers, I was breaking the rules. . . But given My family history, we have been better at breaking and bending rules than abiding by them.

Just curious. . . I Respect my elders and confide in them without reservation, just would like to know when the crucial realm is crossed, , how will I recognize the transition?
Is that when I switch from EFI to carb or Vice versa, , , ,

I left a shop with a builder that "cut there teeth on carbs" That turned me loose with a build that was satisfactory to say the least, , ,

I then commisinoned a "younger , less experienced builder" to dig into my build a bit and easily find a great deal more power, , , hmmm

Well, at the present time, I am pleased with my build, and would Like to thank Daniel at HDD for going the extra mile on all of my builds to unleash the potential of them dollar for dollar !

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm curious what criteria seperates the the Old Bulls and the Young Bulls in this sport?

I'm always a day late and a dollar short I guess. . . I did own The first year Yamaha Banshee, at a tender age of 10. I know according to the warning stickers, I was breaking the rules. . . But given My family history, we have been better at breaking and bending rules than abiding by them.

Just curious. . . I Respect my elders and confide in them without reservation, just would like to know when the crucial realm is crossed, , how will I recognize the transition?
Is that when I switch from EFI to carb or Vice versa, , , ,

I left a shop with a builder that "cut there teeth on carbs" That turned me loose with a build that was satisfactory to say the least, , ,

I then commisinoned a "younger , less experienced builder" to dig into my build a bit and easily find a great deal more power, , , hmmm

Well, at the present time, I am pleased with my build, and would Like to thank Daniel at HDD for going the extra mile on all of my builds to unleash the potential of them dollar for dollar !
Age and experience is the only difference for most.
The guys just getting ( young bulls ) in and doing well is because of the study of what has worked before ( for the old bulls ) and attempting to make improvements.
The successful ( Old bulls ) dont stay on top or close if they stop making improvements and continue with ( well this is what I have always done ).

Most have heard this joke.
A young bull and an old bull got loose from the barn. They were standing on the hill looking down at all the cows. The young bull says "lets run down there and screw one of those cows while we are out." The old bull says
" Nah,Let's walk down there and screw them all "

161 - 180 of 194 Posts