Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...i dont know much about shocks but im looking into a used set of shocks. I thought i remembered hearing some bad stuff about Elkas but im not sure why. Just wanting to hear any info about elkas, good or bad. He is asking $750 but im trying to go lower.....if he gets online

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Elkas are good shocks and $750 for all three sounds like a great deal to me..

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
750 is a decent price for a non adjustable (fronts) set. It will be a huge improvement over stock. You can go back later and add the adjustments for a little money. That is what I did.

I have a full set of elkas and could not be happier!!!! Troywcc rode my bike last weekend and did'nt want to give it back. They amaze everone who rides them. A shock is only as good as its valving. If its not valved within 40 lbs of you it will not preform to its full potential.

Shoot them 700 and see what he says. I paid about 800 for just my rear shock.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, this guy said they are vlaved for 150 lb rider....i weigh 130 should i have them revalved?

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
They dont valve for a weight, they valve for a range. The range probably is 120-150 or something like that..

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If you are within 40lbs I bet your alright. Just let a tad bit of preload out of them and you be amazed.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey preddy how much are those adjustments that you can add and where can you purchase them? Also im not really savvy with suspension, are these the same kind of shocks that you have? I think there is like different editions or something...I shot him $650 just to start out.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hey preddy how much are those adjustments that you can add and where can you purchase them? Also im not really savvy with suspension, are these the same kind of shocks that you have? I think there is like different editions or something...I shot him $650 just to start out.
I am not to sure what it cost to just add the adjustments. Because I did a revalve and some other stuff along with. I have a buddy that does my suspension work. He does the work for about half what TCS wants.

Mine just had compression, but I added rebound to them.

You can give him a call if you like. He is a small town guy trying to get a shop going.

http://www.wiigstyleracing.com/index-old.htm

·
Registered
511 Posts
I am not to sure what it cost to just add the adjustments. Because I did a revalve and some other stuff along with. I have a buddy that does my suspension work. He does the work for about half what TCS wants.

Mine just had compression, but I added rebound to them.

You can give him a call if you like. He is a small town guy trying to get a shop going.

http://www.wiigstyleracing.com/index-old.htm
Josh dId my rear shock.. Great guy to deal with:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, this is one hell of a guy...he is selling them to me for $650 for the whole set. Also he is sending them in to elka and having them completely re-serviced for nothing out of my pocket! I would be crazy not to take this deal. Thanks for all the info guys.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey preddy, how much was it to add the rebound? This guy said its not reaally worth it because you would pretty much have to get all new parts....resulting in almost paying the price for brand new shocks just to add this feature.....

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I want to say it was around 500 for a revalve (all three), all parts for the rebound, and fluids.

Dont quote me on that. I may be off, that was over a year ago.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well as i read he is paying for a complete revalve and fluids...all i would need is the rebound adjustment and maybe i can talk with elka and have them add it and just bill him the revalve and re-oiling...and bill me for the adjustments. That might be possible...ill try to ge the number for elka from him (canadian) and ill just get in touch with them and get what i want on them also. It is defenitley worth it right preddy? Is it a completely different machine....?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
TOTALLY a whole nother animal. Your coming off of the 06 pogo sticks right, if so you are in for a suprise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts