Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Trailtech Vapor and it said the engine temp was 318 F MAX...I rode it about 2 hours ago for 15 minutes and its now at 113 F. Is this to high of a temp or is this normal? I ride in shorts on the street and it was killing my leg. I have to move it sometimes becasue its so hot.
So:wtf:

·
Registered
305 Posts
are you lugging in 1st ,2nd and 3rd? the bike is air cooled so you have to be moving to keep it cool

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh...thats probably it then. i have alot of stop signs around:pervrock:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Heres one way
Raptor Oil Filter Protector

The Yamaha Raptor oil filter is in a accessible but vulnerable position. This is why we felt the need to manufacture a cover that will not only offer protection but dissipate heat as well. The Pro-Tec cooler/protector is a complete oil filter cover with heat sink ribs and cutaway design for easy installation. Also features single set screw clamping for secure fit and easy removal. Manufactured from T6061 Billet aluminum and CNC machined for a sleek look and precise fit.

Im sure there is another way also here is the link to this one:
http://www.ocperformancemotorsports.com/yamaha-raptor-oil-filter-cooler-protector.html

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm...there isnt even a spot for that on the 350??????

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alrighty then...

·
Registered
136 Posts
I talked to them today, that was for a 660. No the do not make that for a 350 and the 660's one has been discontinued.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no

1 - 15 of 15 Posts