Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were going to have a full day this Sunday testing an array of full stsyem pipes on a built motor. It will have the FCR Carb as well. We will be testing DB ,fit and finish as well as see what each pipes overall performance is for different rider applications.
We were excited to do this so we could do something UNBIAS and hopefully informative
Pipes so far will include the following :
RAGE
Looney Tune
Motoworks
FMF
HMF
Big Gun

We are waiting on a Trinity and May also try and get an LRD in the near future-this should keep us busy for abit . Yoshi did not want to participate as well as one other (name I cannot mention) LOL :
Were going to have a full day this Sunday testing an array of full stsyem pipes on a built motor. It will have the FCR Carb as well. We will be testing DB ,fit and finish as well as see what each pipes overall performance is for different rider applications.
Should be fun! We were excited to do this so we could do something UNBIAS and hopefully informative to all the 250 owners. Lord knows there isnt a ton of info still out on this quad so we felt this would be a good addition.

Pipes so far will include the following :
RAGE
Looney Tune
Motoworks
FMF
HMF
Big Gun

We are waiting on a Trinity and May also try and get an LRD in the near future-this should keep us busy for abit .lol

Yoshi did not want to participate as well as one other (name I cannot mention)

IF there other pipes that have not been mentioned I( I know there is a couple other pipes still out there) and is of enough interest, Ill check into maybe getting more pipes to test .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We just spent the entire day testing 6 pipes on DB 's performance - basically overall on each pipe at the Dyno.
Only 15 more to go! lol
This will be a Spring project for us .
I will say that having the FCR Carb will def. be worth the upgrade for the tuneability alone and can roughly expect gains of 2 HP over stock Carb on a built motor.

There are a thousand variations to each persons application, this is with ours and our findings will remain 100% UNBIAS.
IT was cool hearing al lthe different pipes ! Some sweet sounds !!
Ill be sure to post when we are all done

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hell yeah.. take some vids too.. :thumb:
haha -we did!! :banana::thumb::hyper:

My recorder is junk though so I dont know if you can really base any pipes off the recording. I should have stood behind the pipe when I recorded but my ears got tired of the noise . :lol:

Ill post them too!

I will say the HMF and Big Gun was impressive results.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i like to hear that the biggun did a good job for ya on the dyno i bought one for my son's 250 but with a stock motor it even was impressive

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We spent an entire day testing out 6 pipes and also formed a baseline with the stock pipe as well. Ill have more in detail specs on the entire days results soon.
I thought I would throw up a short clip. Hard to completely tell on the sound of the pipes with the eco of the buidling itself but they all sounded sweet!! :devil:
Our favorite sound was from the Looney Tunes and Big Gun- HMF was 3rd. The Rage pipe sounds mean but would never pass sound in our series .
I will say that ALL the pipes dynoed very close. Each pipe should fit a riders demends for his or her application.
We cant wait to test more over the spring and summer and are hoping we can eventually test most of the full system pipes that are on the market .
We are doing the test and tune for overall fit ,finish,sound, and performance, but noit solely based on that as each riders application and dyno will vary . We also dynoed to a RACERS application not to suck every single ounch of power to the brink of blowing it up to get our numbers. We have no doubt that we could squeeze another 4-5 hp this way but we have no reason for that. This was just to show an instance of what we have and tuning for racing conditions .This is to being informative and bias application. We thought this might be a great piece of info that will hopefully benefit many when making choices .
enjoy !!

I do not know how to embed video here so hope the link works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
what about the CT pipe??? or are they the "unmentionable"???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The pies listedx on the dyno were all we could get our hands on at the time.
I think most pipes perform very close.All were pretty good . a few lacked luster and was loud.. others were trick and performed well . We preferred the HMF of all the pipes we tested .

·
Registered
614 Posts
Good to know, looks like we may be getting a new pipe for the 250 before Nick starts racin it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts