Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Raptor 700 and have had a full FMF exhaust system on it for a while and burnt my leg on it several times and ruined several pairs of jeans. Its not by the engine but diagonally back and up from the foot peg. I was wondering if there was some sort of heat shield that i can put there.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I'm not sure if they make one for the FMF exhaust or not, but back a few years ago when I had my 660, my husband made a small plate heat shield for the pipe since we couldn't find actual shields for the exhaust that was on there....it didn't exactly look the best, but it sure was functional! :thumb: it wasn't a big deal to me (since I knew I would be upgrading to my 700), so I didn't care how it looked, but you could get creative and make something that is functional and looks good too

·
Registered
184 Posts
eline use to make a nice carbon fiber one but I havn't seen one around latley. I'm sure you can rig up a moose one or FMF generic one. maybe it's about time to stp up to some riding pants. the leather in the inner part is suppose to be for that reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.