Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I found it. Now I want suggestions on what to do with it. Below is a picture of the factory fuel pressure regulator. With the factory setting of 46.1 Psi, the factory 550cc injector will feed 86 crankshaft hp @ 80% cycle duty. If I were able to push 65 psi, it would be worth 102 hp at the crankshaft, with improved atomization. I could probably use an external FPR with a return line, and a billet blockoff, which would be easy enough. The cool thing is that it would open up a bunch of options to reference turbo boost, or n2o bottle pressure for a dry system. Any ideas are welcome :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
The cool thing is it sounds like we have more options with this mod. I am sure this might be a mod more for the bigger build guys rather then the 3 mod guys but its great. People keep digging deeper into the Raptor and that does great things for the Raptor community.. Thanks for pushing things on Kenny..:thumb:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the factory injector is good to 75-77 rwhp at the standard fuel pressure. There are a few talented guys out here fighting to get every ounce of power out of these things.Things are moving along very quickly.......So it would have to be addressed sooner or later. Plus, I like the spray pattern of the Denso :thumb:

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
For high output application running a larger main fuel line to the to reduce line loss maybe?? Just an idea. I know that is used in cars fromk the line back to the rail. Can this be used in this application?

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
From an untrained eye the above picture looks like a positive crankcase ventilation valve or [PCV Valve] =]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts