Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so afetr owning my bike for over a year...and putting about 100 hours on it..my fan finaly came on...i originally thought that i had a problem with it as many others do but i guess she finally got hot enough(which takes a pretty long time) i had been riding for about 3-4 hours steady with no stops b4 i noticed the fan running when i stalled lol...so for all those guys who think that they have a problem with there fan...it has to get pretty hot to kick on...has anybody else experienced this?

·
Registered
216 Posts
EXACTLY.....Fan never comes on unless a steep hill climb on a hot day :D
I even got an inline temp gauge to make sure I was not overheating :coolshades:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya well i thought for sure my fan relay was no good ...but man...does it ever take a long time to heat up...it was 25C and we were hauling a$$...it wasnt until late in our trip when i came across some big logs that i had to try to crawl over that i stalled and then heard the hum of the fan going ...i was surprised and relieved to hear it...lol

·
Kuwait All Stars
234 Posts
Theres a fan? LOL my rappy has riden 100F for months with no fan....

·
Registered
216 Posts
You cannot hear the fan unless the engine is off :beerchug:. If I disconnect my temperature sensor (green plug by thermostat) and turn on the engine, the fan will come on (you have to look at the fan blades) but the engine will run rough. That is the ******* fan check I stumbled into :drinking:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats how i found out my an works when my bike wasnt running with the key on....like i said b4 its the first time ive actually seen it turn on...i had to get off the bike and look at the fan spinning b4 i was sure it was the fan...its not loud...i mean the fuel pump is louder that the fan...

·
Registered
216 Posts
That would make sense since not much air flow through radiator on tight trails.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My fan comes on frequently in tight 2nd-3rd gear trails.

haha ya for sure...i was in a tight trail when it came on....im pretty sure as long as your ripping the fan wont come [email protected] 70 mph + the motor gets a pretty good wind to kool it down...:blahblah:

·
Sponsor - UTILITY JUGS R US
347 Posts
mines the same, haulin butt it doesn't come on but slow trail riding when its warm out it does, like dynomite said very hard to here unless bike is off :banana:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Mine came on the very first time I started it. I wanted to make sure it was good and warmed up before I rode it and when I turned it off thats when I noticed it. I also notice it when I am doing jumps going around and around hitting the same jump but, I only notice it when its off.

·
Registered
112 Posts
thought the same thing as everyone never herd it after about 8 months of hard riding, kept checking the service bulliten about the wires in the back not being connected , probably checked it 3 times then at hatfield going threw some tight rocky stuff i stallled and low and behold the fan was running was happy and worried at the same time. If anyone has ever owned or riden a predator you would be scared for good reason if you didnt here it lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My fan was on for hours the other day when I had a coolant leak from cuttin a hose. That sucked. I had to repair the hose and fill the rappy with what was left in the overflow bottle, and water from some puddles in the woods. Needless to say shes flushed clean now

PS my high temp light works fine! lol

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
Happens to me in 10 drag races... all though it is 105 here at night time even.. Nothing to really worry about but the inline temp gauge couldn't hurt!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My fan motor needs replaced. Started overheating on a trail ride this weekend.:thumbsdown:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts