Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FINAL TRIBUTE...

If you are fortunate enough, you will have someone touch your life in a way that will have a life long impact or change to it. As I reflect on the past 43 years, I have been very lucky to have several people that have come into my life and left their impression on me. Sometimes it is because of their mentoring, a big shoulder to cry on or a loss of a family member or good friend.

As many of our members here on ModdedRaptor know, we lost a good friend to all of us earlier last year, Dale “Coop” Cooper (ModdedRaptor screen name – Humboldt_G). For you newbies to ModdedRaptor, you will have to read the old threads and put up with our stories of our friend that has touched us all in one way or another. Dale had one of those personalities that made it fun staying up to the wee hours in morning talking in the Chatbox about how to make our quads better, faster, or to talk about music and posting crazy Youtube videos, Scapper Bikes or talking about some goofy thread we started, (and “Coop” started a few duezies) etc… LOL

But one thing we ALL shared was the passion for our quads and the great fun it was riding them, especially at the dunes. Before we lost Dale, he was in the middle of a major rebuild of his Raptor and planned to have one of the best looking and riding Duner’s around. Many of you will remember the updated pics we would receive either in one of Dale’s thread or most of the time in the Chatbox. If Dale got a bolt back from the chrome plater, he would post a pic of it, when he got the frame back from being painted, he posted a pic of it, part of the suspension back, he would post a pic of it etc… We followed Dale through his rebuild waiting to see the completed Raptor again. Well unfortunately Dale was not able to complete his dream before he passed away. His family was faced with many challenges with the loss of Dale, one of them being… what they were going to do with Dale’s Raptor that was in a million different pieces throughout his house. Lucky for them, Dale had many friends on ModdedRaptor and one that stepped up to help complete Dale’s dream.

Now many of you members know him as Tony Wagoner or PDUB (ModdedRaptor screen name – Pdub383426). Tony explained to the family that he would like to help see Dale’s dream come true which would be a huge undertaking. Once Tony was able to gather up all the parts for the Raptor he asked the ModdedRaptor community if anyone would be interested in helping with the rebuild. With an overwhelming response from friends, members and our ModdedRaptor site Sponsors, Dale’s quad was put back together.

Over New Years 2011, several of us planned on ringing in the New Year at Glamis and had a surprise visit from Dale’s Brother Ray, Mom Denise and Father Tom. They made the trip to Glamis to meet up with Tony and to see Dale’s quad for the first time completed. Needless to say, Dale’s Raptor came out AWSOME and these pictures do not do his quad justice. I have never seen a Blue pop more in the sunlight especially with all the polished and chrome pieces.

Tony you have really outdone yourself seeing Dale’s Raptor be put back together.

New Year’s weekend, Dale’s Dad Tom took the Raptor for a ride for the first time from our camp to Oldsmobile Hill. I believe this was his first dune ride and one could only imagine the emotions going through him, riding his son’s Raptor. Once at Olds the next thing to do was to buzz the hill were Tom did several times. Brother Ray not wanting to be left out, strapped on his helmet and took his turn on the hill. I guess they both enjoyed the ride because I have never seen two bigger smiles when they returned. Dale's Mom Denise even took the quad for a quick spin at the bottom of the hill.

Dale's Dad - Tom

Dale's Brother - Ray

Dale's Mom - Denise

I titled this thread “Final Tribute” for several of reasons…

The completion of Dale’s Raptor was an AWSOME site for us and his family to see in person. Upon returning from Oldsmobile Hill that day, Dale’s Dad pulled me aside and explained that he, Denise, Ray and the rest of Dale’s family were not sure what they were going to do with Dale’s Raptor. The quad really had more power then what anyone of them really needed and the thought of putting it up for sale on Ebay or doing some kind of Raffle didn’t seem right. They didn’t want just anybody to buy it and not appreciate what it stood for or what it took to put the quad back together.

Therefore… the family decided that the best thing to do with the quad would be to make sure that who ever ended up with the quad, that they would really appreciate it and understand what Dale’s Raptor represented.

So... Dale’s family has decided that they want to give Tony (PDUB), Dale’s Raptor!​

If I know Tony the way I think I know him, I'm sure he said… no, I can't possibly accept the bike, it would not be right etc...

Tony, you were put into an unenviable position with Coop's passing to see that his Raptor be put back together and complete Coop's dream of having one of best looking, best performing quads at any dunes. You took it upon yourself to go to the funeral, meet Dale’s family and make the necessary arrangements with the help of our Members and Site Sponsors to help bring everything together. That my friend is one of the most unselfish acts I have ever seen and you are truly a great friend in every sense of the word!

I know you may not think it is right for them to give you the quad but this is Dale's family decision and one that you must honor not only for them but for Coop. You are the only one and the perfect steward for this honor.

To Denise, Ray and Tom and family, it was a pleasure to finally meet you at Glamis over New Years. Dale has touched everyone’s life in one way or another for the better. I am glad Dale’s Raptor will be around for everyone to enjoy and be appreciated.

-Johnny

·
MOMMA'S BOY
1,904 Posts
Pdub is 1 of a kind.... Awesome friend always there for anybody in need....the bike is going to the right garage... I dont think anybody in the world could appreciate the bike as much as he will...

Congrats Tony much love

·
Registered
720 Posts
Tony, that is awesome what you did for coop and his family. your a great friend and awesome fellow Modded raptor family member. much love man!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Im so happy im speachless.............

·
Registered
420 Posts
I tend to not have alot to say on here, but I have been following all of this.
Awesome write up JB. My stuipid face seems to have sprung a leak:lol:.
I don't know many of you guys on here, but I have made some good friends on the forums. Very proud to have watched all of this unfold:thumb:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Awesome write up Johnny. I only chatted with coop a few times on the chatbox, I considered him a nice fellow. With all this effort to get the quad together I am SURE he must have been an awesome person.

Tony, my hats off to you sir!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So Happy from Humboldt

Coop's friends and additional family are so thrilled with the outcome of the bike. It was such a blessing to be married to Coop for almost 4 years and see his passion for life and quads, this site, and each of you. Thank you for loving him and honoring him with completing his final project. I am sure that he would be so happy to know that Tony will be taking care of and enjoying the raptor. Look forward to meeting some of you in March. :)
Much Love,
Jennifer Cooper

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
All the comments are much appreciated guys. I had no idea it would come to this outcome, and JB got my response right on the money. But I do feel previliged to have the opportunity to work on it. But I assure you I was only a small piece of the puzzle. TONS of members, and good friends of Coops helped out with parts needed, donations, buying stickers etc. And the Sponsors that stepped up are class A acts.

·
Asshole
3,162 Posts
Gotta say I get a bit choked up reading this, goosbumps for sure.

Nothing but respect for everyone involved. Very happy to see this bike stay within the family, it couldn't have a better home.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Much respect for all who participated and especially for Pdub (Tony).. Its a moving story for us to read about, but just think about how Coop's family and Pdub (Tony) must feel.. Its gotta be extra special for them... I'm sure all us will store this in our memory banks for a long long time... Thanks again....

·
Registered
432 Posts
:thumb: Tony did a Great Job on Coops quad and I don't think it could be in better hands :beerchug:
Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumb:

Hoping one day I get to see it in person.

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
All the comments are much appreciated guys. I had no idea it would come to this outcome, and JB got my response right on the money. But I do feel previliged to have the opportunity to work on it. But I assure you I was only a small piece of the puzzle. TONS of members, and good friends of Coops helped out with parts needed, donations, buying stickers etc. And the Sponsors that stepped up are class A acts.
So, I shed a tear on this one. Tony, JB was right in what he said, that was one of the most selfless respectable things anyone could do. This gesture is one of the nicest things I've seen anyone do, ever. You really went our of your way on this one and I know Coops fam appreciate it more than you'll ever know. Tells a lot about your character and what type of man you really are, and thats a man with a good heart. I'm proud to know you as my friend and I know it wasn't easy spending those countless hours getting the bike looking so good, you payed attention to every detail. I know Coop would have loved it. Hats off to you my friend and may the man up above bless you for all you've done.

RIP Coop

J-HILT

·
Registered
844 Posts
My hats off to you Tony, as well as Coops family members for coming out with there decision.
Well to break the ice a lil look at it like these Tony"at least you can trow away your turbo and burn your bike!".
Ride Coops bike with pride and it will be cool to know he will still be at the dune and with a good friend doing what he loved!!!

PS.
Really Tony set your bike on fire and roll it down a hill. JK

·
Registered
844 Posts
My hats off to you Tony, as well as Coops family members for coming out with there decision.
Well to break the ice a lil look at it like these Tony"at least you can trow away your turbo and burn your bike!".
Ride Coops bike with pride and it will be cool to know he will still be at the dune and with a good friend doing what he loved!!!

PS.
Really Tony set your bike on fire and roll it down a hill. JK

1 - 20 of 44 Posts