Modded Raptors Forum banner

Finished my 1986 TRX250R.

6K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Wreckless 
#1 ·
I just finished my 1986 TRX250R. When I got it the sprocket side of the case had some damage from the chain popping off. So I rode it for a month and then the piston cracked and the sleeve got damaged. So I split the case and checked the whole bottom end out. The water pump was bad also, so I replaced the whole water pump and gaskets. Bought a brand new left side case, and bolted it all back up. So that took care of the bottom end, and now on to the top end. The crank was all good (recently replaced by old owner), So then one of my friends had a 1989 CR250R Paul Turner Racing cylinder convert for a TRX250R so I bought it from him and then ordered a Wiseco top end kit for it. I just got it all together and it is running great. I know it isn't a Raptor but it was a beast in its day and still a legend.Sorry for the long post just excited.:banana:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
NICE! iv always loved those. it is in damn good shape too. i like the tires you have on it :coolaid:

#9 ·
Thanks for all the replys, and I was waiting for some one to catch those tires.LOL I love my raptor, but its fun to have a 2-stroke to ride and tinker with when your bored. The raptors are too damn reliable so I need something to tinker with.:Hilarious:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.