Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well not that bad but i was riding down the trail and hit a stump i didnt see. it ended bending the tie rod, slashed the tire and possibly bent the rim.... we were able to get it bent back to semi-straight, and i was able ride the rest of the night. i crashed it twice before we got it fixed cuz with it toe'd out so bad i had very little control.. lol. .

i'm fine, i did go flying off the quad but it was as graceful as any fall i take.. like a ninja, the dirt said ouch....

But i was shocked to find out the tie rod is hollow.... does anyone make a solid aluminum tie rod???

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
e bay....for the alum....i would stay with the stockers though....just keep some extra around.....coulda been worse

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya it could have been way worse.... i'll call the stealership tomorrow and find out what i'm looking at to pick up a replacement plus spares.

·
Registered
840 Posts
dam man good to know you didnt get hurt luckily i havent rolled my rappy yet and i ride hard as hell almost every weekend if not more since ive had it for almost a yr now

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
check out Motosport.com for lots of aftermarket piece. Many different brands.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Glad to hear you arent hurt.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sucks that you wrecked bro but from one dumbass to another buy some skids. ASAP. WOODY

·
Registered
127 Posts
I found some stainless steel (solid) from Lone Star Racing at Motosport.com.:banana: I think they were like $90 for the pair, but the stockers bent too easy for me. Got these after I bent 2 stockers from just hitting decent sized rocks.:wtf: My only concern is now it may bend the a-arms instead of taking out the tie rods, but that's OK, because then I have the perfect excuse to upgrade the suspension.:thumb:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is what the tire looks like..... is this too far past repairable? it still holds air.

3 choices (number 3 is ultimately the one i'll choose but i'd prefer to do one of the first 2 first.

1) ride it as is.... maybe fill the hole with epoxy
2) tube it.
3) the tire is trashed, you NEED to buy new ones.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wouldn't say you "need" to buy new tires, I rode with a plugged sidewall for a couple months and it held air just fine.

That said, you will notice a different in performance when you get rid of those stock tires. If you've got the cash I would say it's a good excuse to buy some holeshots or some razrs, if not it shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sometimes it is better to loose a cheaper part (Tie rod) than the much more expensive part it connects to. Just a thought.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the tire doesnt have a hole, so it holds air and a plug wont help, i dont think i can afford new tires this month.

ya i think i'm going to keep with stock tie rods.

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
a solid cylender isnt as structurally sound as a tube. that is the reason it is hollow. and keep the steel ones.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Wow that is a deep gash in your tire. I'de say its close to ripping open. I would not trust it to far.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts