Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girlfriend and i are taking our quads to the silver lake sand dunes for the first time in a couple of weeks can you guys give us any pointers or just fill us in on anything we should know.

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
my girlfriend and i are taking our quads to the silver lake sand dunes for the first time in a couple of weeks can you guys give us any pointers or just fill us in on anything we should know.
Take your very stressed out lifestyle up to Silver Lake Dunes and return with utter and complete euphoria!

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
If you are only taking the Raptor, you will need a flag which you can buy right outside the gate, an ORV sticker which you can buy at the gate and and state park sticker which can also be bought at the gate. Stay directional where is says so and take a few slow laps around the place each time you come to see where the peaks are and where it is safe to fly over the hills. The hills change on a daily basis, so just because a hill is safe today, it may not be tomorrow. Last tip... All the puddles are MUCH deeper then they look. Dont attempt them.. :thumb:

You taking any trucks out there? I have many more tips if so..:lol:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no trucks just my raptor and my girls blaster i don't think my 2WD 4CYL S10 will make it to far out there.

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
If you are only taking the Raptor, you will need a flag which you can buy right outside the gate, an ORV sticker which you can buy at the gate and and state park sticker which can also be bought at the gate.
It has been a very long time since I have been at SL, so how much will all the above set one individual back, Wreck?

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
God, I cant remember exaclty, I think the flags are $20, the ORV is something like $18 and the daily state park sticker was $6..

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
So $52 for the weekend?

Additionally, were you aware that there was a national race held in MI, this weekend?

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
No, where is the race? Hopefully keep the amount of crazies off the dunes that weekend. :lol:

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
no no no, it was this weekend... something like Red MI or Red Something MI!

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
they dont only change day to day, last year i went and there was a nice little table top on the top of the second dune and we parked there to watch people, well we came back a half an hour later and i rolled over the top at about 5 mph and went for a nice little airborne trip down the other side. scared the shit out of me. so i am always cautious there.

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
they dont only change day to day, last year i went and there was a nice little table top on the top of the second dune and we parked there to watch people, well we came back a half an hour later and i rolled over the top at about 5 mph and went for a nice little airborne trip down the other side. scared the shit out of me. so i am always cautious there.
:fruity: :joke:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
in case anyone cares the girlfriend and i went to SL and its my new favorite place to go. we went for six day and road from sun up to sun down i wish i live closer or at least had a better tow vehicle id be there every weekend. i recomened this place to any one who likes to have fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts