Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I got a trail raptor.check sig for mods.what needs to be done to race flat track?I also wnna be able to take corners insanely fast.I'm a heavy rider at 200 pounds.I was looking at front wheel hub extension new rear axle extended and flip rear link.would that work for suspension?and what about power department?I was gonna do only trails but my atv nuts grew and I want speed and flat track is a good start:rockon:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Get it wide, and get it low. A sway bar will help the corner speed, and get a set of hoosier or american racer flat track tires. Learn to move your corner weights, this helps with corner speed as well.

·
Registered
924 Posts
As for power you will need more if you wanna keep up with 450cc bikes, a 734 big bore build is a good start, plus a good head and cam combo will make it shine. If you've never done flat track before then alot of power out of the gate will hurt you more then anything else, flat track requires alot of throttle control to keep from spinning out, a big motor is that much more harder to control especially if the track goes dry slick.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't do flat track racing but with Ice racing we have a very similar set up to what works well for TT racing. I would agree with the previous comments check out my post for complete details of my set up.

http://www.moddedraptor.com/communi...cing-dream-machine-build-product-reviews.html

The key is you need to get it low and wide to start. I widen it i went with lonestar axle and houser a-arms. To get it lower i got Elka's stage 4 tt shortened shocks. I'm very happy with the geometry of this set up and it works great. I have a longer rear lowering link however after installing the shorter rear stock i went back to the stock link. Sway bar's can also help keep you stabilized however i'm finding if i get my shock's dialed in it can really cut down on body roll. If you don't want to buy a new rear shock you can buy longer rear links though or make it yourself to lower the back end.

For power i'm loving my 105.5 (734cc) set up from Racers Edge. Give a call to John and he will set you up with an awesome motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts