Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for verification to this statement, "The original frame tubing is 1.125" OD x 0.055" wall thickness". It was on another site and that is the only place I found it. Can anybody verify this? I have looked on every ATV forum and googled the hell out of it and even Yamaha does not give the exact spec, other than to say it's a "state-of-the-art" chassis. This would be for the 660, 2003 specifically.
thanks
Brian

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have searched for verification to this statement, "The original frame tubing is 1.125" OD x 0.055" wall thickness". It was on another site and that is the only place I found it. Can anybody verify this? I have looked on every ATV forum and googled the hell out of it and even Yamaha does not give the exact spec, other than to say it's a "state-of-the-art" chassis. This would be for the 660, 2003 specifically.
thanks
Brian
For each nominal pipe size, the outside diameter remains relatively constant; the variations in wall thickness affect only the inside diameter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For each nominal pipe size, the outside diameter remains relatively constant; the variations in wall thickness affect only the inside diameter.
Thanks for replying - I appreciate it. I can measure parts and see that it is about 1 1/8 tube (there is no 1 1/8 in pipe - the closest is 1 1/4, which has an outside diameter of 1.66 and this is much smaller), but the thickness is what I am most interested in. However, This is tube, not pipe, and there should be no variations in wall thickness, unless it is connected to another part of the frame that requires a thicker/thinner spec.
thanks anyways - I thought this would have had many replies

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am not sure about it anymore, let me check with a mechanic friend.
did you happen to check with your buddy about that? I have this posted on all the usual forums and while it got a lot ov views, nobody answered, except you, so thank you. If you can't find out, it's ok. I appreciate the effort.
Stay safe
Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts