Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting some wider A-Arms. My question is when they say +2 does this mean each arm is 2" longer making the front end 4" wider? Or is each arm 1" longer making the front 2" wider?

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
Yea, +2 means per side but you can have what ever you want custom made. Check out our sponsor JD Performance, top quality stuff and good prices.. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
they are 4 inches wider. btw what a-arms are you looking at?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I don't know witch ones I'll go with. Seen some on ebay. Do the wider arms also lower the front end?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
when looking i would get a name brand also. if parts are needing replacement the name brand a-arms will be much easyier to find parts for.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm looking into getting some wider A-Arms. My question is when they say +2 does this mean each arm is 2" longer making the front end 4" wider? Or is each arm 1" longer making the front 2" wider?
I run IShock and have had no issues. They are +4 set up and really absorb the hits well. They come in complete kits with shocks or just suspension only. I race offroad desert so we need something that has to work and these do! Good luck...

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The JD's look awesome !!! I want a set of them !

·
Registered
49 Posts
+2 means, 2" on each side. You should also think about looking for a rear axle. And when it says +4 on the axle it means 2" wider on the rear.

-Anthony

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks, I don't know witch ones I'll go with. Seen some on ebay. Do the wider arms also lower the front end?
Yes, just a little.

-Anthony

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Your ride heigth will be adjust by your shocks. Take a look at the "How To" section where I posted "How to adjust your suspension". This will help you set up your quad to handle much better, even if you don't have after market a-arms or shocks.

-Johnny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts