Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed my front left tire has a wobble to it when I put it up on jack stands. The right one not so much. I did hit a rotten stump with the left tire, in worries i crunched the rim, but I just had some wood stuck towards the bead, deflated the tire and picked it out with a needle nose. Would new wheel bearings clean this wobble up? The rest of the front looks good. Are front wheel bearings hard to install?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
is it a wobble when you spin the tire....or is it a wobble when you place your hands on the tire and wiggle it back and forth?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i spin the tire. i suppose it would be the same concept of repacking my wheels on a boat trailer, if it wobbles while spinning, the rim is shot, and if it has play back and forth/ up and down it is the bearings, correct?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question I have is I have a decent squeak coming from the rear shock ( I believe), I have been lubricating the joints that have grease zerks, but maybe I am missing some??

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
If its while spinning, I'd say the rim is bent...bearings would be shot if it had play when you moved it back and forth or side to side. See if you have the same wobble if you put the right wheel on the left side. If you don't the other rim is bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts