Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my 660 a few weeks ago and i am thinking of getting the G force wheel spacers i was wondering if any one else has them and how they like them also is it ok to do a small amount of jumping with them

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Um... They are OK, but I would save your money and for another $100 get the G-Force Plus 4 axle. It's worth the wait and you'll be happy you did.

-Johnny

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
I tend to stay away from spacers and extended hubs. Like JB said, some people use them for years with no problem and others have problems. If I was doing any amount of jumping I would definitely say no.. If money was tight I would get a G-Force +4 axle for $199 and ride like that for a while, you will feel a huge difference. Then look for a used set of arms on craigslist or Ebay.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i cant find the +4 just the adjustable width one are these the same thing if not wheres a good place to find it

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
i cant find the +4 just the adjustable width one are these the same thing if not wheres a good place to find it

Go to Rocky Mountain ATV, the G-Force axle is listed there on their website. Yes, it's adjustable from 2" to 4" total length. The axle comes with spacers that you can either add or leave off.

-Johnny

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put G force spacers on the front of my 660, and G force extended hubs on the back. I havent had any problems, but then again, I havent tried jumping on them yet. I put them on so it wouldnt tip so easily, they seem to work great for that.

Frank

·
Registered
902 Posts
The newer G-Force extended hubs have a steel splined insert in them to prevent th slines from spinning out like JOHNNY BAJA's did. A friend of mine has 'em and he likes 'em. Seem to be holdin up good.

I agree with the above comments. Moderate jumping on spacers or extended hubs.

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
stay away from that stuff, do it right or leave it alone. it will only cause problems. if you cant afford the axle save for it, because if you put on spacers it will destroy stuff and cost a lot more in the end

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
stay away from that stuff, do it right or leave it alone. it will only cause problems. if you cant afford the axle save for it, because if you put on spacers it will destroy stuff and cost a lot more in the end
+100000000000000000000000000

Extended Hubs - $ 100

G-Force +4 Axle - $ 200

This is one area guys you do not want to be cheap and try and save alittle money. Save up for another month or so and you'll be very happy you did.

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
NO ISSUES, THUS FAR W/G-FORCE SPACERS... BEEN ON FOR FOUR MONTHS, IN SOME OF THE TOUGHEST TERRAIN THAT PENNSYLVANIA CAN OFFER.

Both trails as well as NOW drag racing.

G-Force Rear Aluminum Wheel Spacer 45 mm:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Concur with SEVEN00 :thumb:

·
2,051 Posts
the extra torsional loads will destroy your hubs and axle after a while. now im not saying that this is true in every case but it is true in the majority of cases. splined fittings are made to handle radial loads not torsional. plus i mean yes it is an extra hundred bucks but it is also chromed lol so you get a little bling with it.

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
But the type that 'I' and 'dynomites' uses do not interface with the splines in anyway!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think I am going with a DURABLUE ELIMINATOR AXLE 2+2 and Rad twin row MAGNUM carrier :hyper:

What do you think of them apples :coolshades:
Or should I go with RAD tapered bearng MAGNUM carrier :drinking:

·
2,051 Posts
dont know the difference on the carriers as i have no experience with them.

oh and seven00 they do affect the spline cause it is still putting the cg outside of the designed area so therefore it is affecting the splines.

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
I have had Durablue before and had zero negative issues with this axle!

·
Registered
216 Posts
dont know the difference on the carriers as i have no experience with them.

oh and seven00 they do affect the spline cause it is still putting the cg outside of the designed area so therefore it is affecting the splines.
phucker...you are correct:thumb: we have increased the moment on the spline and axle. But if you are about to release 50 hp when on one deep dished wheel in contact with a rock or landing from a 50 ft jump......:hyper: you have increased your moment also :rockon::rockon:

But that is what we do:beerchug: We push the design and do not crybaby about warranty as we are way past that :lol:. We just re-build it BIGGER and TOUGHER :lol:

Then we go out and push it to the breaking point again :thumb:

·
2,051 Posts
hahaha i know, i just like putting something on and not worrying about it. lol thats why i have built half of the shit on my quad

·
Registered
216 Posts
hahaha i know, i just like putting something on and not worrying about it. lol thats why i have built half of the shit on my quad
Because of you and SEVEN00 giving me the high sign :thumb:, I have a DURABLUE ELIMINATOR AXLE 2+2 coming next week :thumb::thumb::lol::beerchug::hyper:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts