Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always ride locally.. I am taking my first trip to an event, Quadfest 08 out in PA. I am going with a bunch of friends, and we were talking about Gas. Do we bring a bunch of 5gallon containers, do we see if it's possible to get a 55gallon drum, is that even legal to have?? haha .. and then theres the Theft part of it.. while your out riding, are retards going to try and steal your $4.79 a gallon gas?!

what do you guys do when you travel? how do you carry extra gas, and what's your procedure? Any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
33 Posts
the few times ive been to the dunes with buddies, we each take our own 5 gallon jug. So far no one hav stolen any gas. This is an expensive hobbie. if u dnt hav the money to afford the gas to ride, you prolly wont be out there, let alone hav such a toy. But who knows what other ppl are thinking. thats my $ .02

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the few times ive been to the dunes with buddies, we each take our own 5 gallon jug. So far no one hav stolen any gas. This is an expensive hobbie. if u dnt hav the money to afford the gas to ride, you prolly wont be out there, let alone hav such a toy. But who knows what other ppl are thinking. thats my $ .02
yea that's true I guess... I just was thinking some idiot will run out and go searching for the nearest jug with noone around.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
my buddys had his 3 five gallons stolen once out at ocotillo wells in so cal. ever sence then we lock up our fuel

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got one for ya How much fuel do you use? If I ride all day I use 3+ tank fulls... oh and I lock it up..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
ya i rather just be safe than sorry.
every full one is worth like 50 bucks if you include the price of the container.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What kind of trailer you hauling the quads with, or are you even using a trailer? When I go on trips kinda far away I've always been with someone with an enclosed trailer, so we just keep the cans in there.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
ya you can put them in the trailer. but at night my trailer is small and i hate to smell gas so i lock them up outside. i also have to lock my bike up so i just tie the fuel with the bike

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going with a pretty large trailer, but its open, and another truck with a pop up camper. I guess I will just bring a lock and lock them all up. I bought a thick metal rope to lock them up with at home. It really sucks to know that if you turn your back for a few mins to enjoy yourself, some asshole could steal your bike or even your gas. what is wrong with this world.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I bring 25 gallons for 3 quads, 1 motorcycle and portable generator for a weekend out. Whatever is left I put in the motorhome. I usually lock up the cans at night. With gas being $4 + a gallon I am defiantly lock them up when I go out next time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Would it hurt anything if you was to run 111 octane in a stock engine?

K&N filter
EHS racing air box cover
Renthal 15t front sprocket

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would it hurt anything if you was to run 111 octane in a stock engine?
Just your wallet. Using it over an extended time will do damage as its harder to ignite and it will form deposits in your combustion chamber. This will result in detonation and demand that you use higher octane fuel in time.

Using a tank full will not hurt anything though. You will not see any more power or better throttle response, just a lighter bank account.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts