Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my raptor for about 3 months. two of which the thing hasn't ran. I road it one week and the next weekend i tried starting it and gas and oil started shooting out of the engine overflow. I then ripped the carburetors out cleaned them. put them back in changed the oil because somehow the oil was 90% gas. Started the thing up and it ran like it was before. except the carburetor overflows were dripping gas. i have NO idea what is going on with the machine so please help me guys...
:wtf:

·
Registered
755 Posts
gas in the oil normally means worn cylinder and rings, maybe even a broken ring. if gas is coming out of the carb over flow normally means needle and seat r bad in the carb

·
Registered
118 Posts
yup thats exactly what it is. mine is doing the same thing, i had so much gas overflowing from the carb into the cylinder that it actually hydro-locked the motor. thankfully nothing went into the oil and i was able to push it out of the lock. YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THE GAS IS CUT OFF AT THE TANK VALVE WHEN UR NOT RIDING UNTIL YOU REPLACE THE NEEDLE AND SEATS. this should prevent this from happening while its sitting until you get the new needles and seats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts