Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im running the 13/40 combo right now and im getting smoked by 450s at LS on comp and spectator hills dont know if it is my gearing or what. On the trails i find myself in 3rd gear most of the time 1st is unusable as is 2nd gear 2 much rpms third gear is good when i keep the rpms up but most of the time it isnt as snappy as i would like it to be . im runing 20s on the dirt and in the sand im running 22s but i am going to be switching to 20s for the sand to keep everything the same. This is the gearing it had when i bought the bike it had 5 rides on it couldnt pass up the deal. you can see my mods below but was wondering if changing my gearing would help. i weigh 265 pounds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
well go with a higher gearing and try it...try a 15 front or 14...im about same weight..and stock i think first is really too low ...i havent tryed 15 yet though was waiting on first mods

or a 14/39 or 38 with 22"s

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
stock gearing 14/38 works well with a couple of mods.....
check out my stuff in the for sale area......its just the gearing that affecting u, go w/stock and launch in 2nd

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah it is for sure the gearing... Go back up to 14/15T and you should be able to launch 2nd... I have the monsters, stage 2, dynatec, and intake with a 40T stock front and i weigh 250 and im launching 2nd, pulling 4th pretty easily!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imma try the 14 tooth friday and see what happens. I seen your stuff for sale DL700 but i got a +4 swingarm so that chain wouldnt work, if you was wanting 2 part with just just the sprockets i would be interested

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k i just went to change the front sprocket damn that nut is big!! anyone know the socket size so i can run and buy one and not 3 or 4 lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also while im in there is the stock case saver aluminum or is it steel

·
Registered
158 Posts
also while im in there is the stock case saver aluminum or is it steel
I think it a really mild steel. It didn't look like aluminum.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how bout the nut size for the sprocket

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
1 7/16 i think.....
That would equal to about 36.5 mm so it would work but be slightly too big and could damage the nut in time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to let you know we used a big cresent wrench to change ours at camp. Wrked pretty good for us but I'm going to check it before the next trip out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts