Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have a few questions as I've been working large amounts of overtime so I'm finally starting to get ahead in the game. I cheaped out earlier this spring on a cheap easy pull clutch lever well I wrecked here a while back and I busted it at the pivot point. Now that I have money built back up in the bank. I"m starting to look at getting a new clutch lever. But i have seen a few brands that have my interest. I've seen MSR, FLY and the ASV's I know the ASV's I believe are the higher Quality. Also looking at shifters. I guess I"m curious as to what everyone is using and what there experiences are with the shift levers and clutch lever/perch?

And thinking of the dynatek ignition for my bike. The programmable one not the non-programmable one. I'm running stage 2 Jet kit with CT Racing full exhaust open air box. IT worth picking this up yet or just get a stage 2 cam and springs and wait til i go bigger with the motor? I mainly drag race trail ride and some hill climbing once I get comfortable riding agian since last accident

·
Registered
391 Posts
Alright I have a few questions as I've been working large amounts of overtime so I'm finally starting to get ahead in the game. I cheaped out earlier this spring on a cheap easy pull clutch lever well I wrecked here a while back and I busted it at the pivot point. Now that I have money built back up in the bank. I"m starting to look at getting a new clutch lever. But i have seen a few brands that have my interest. I've seen MSR, FLY and the ASV's I know the ASV's I believe are the higher Quality. Also looking at shifters. I guess I"m curious as to what everyone is using and what there experiences are with the shift levers and clutch lever/perch?

And thinking of the dynatek ignition for my bike. The programmable one not the non-programmable one. I'm running stage 2 Jet kit with CT Racing full exhaust open air box. IT worth picking this up yet or just get a stage 2 cam and springs and wait til i go bigger with the motor? I mainly drag race trail ride and some hill climbing once I get comfortable riding agian since last accident
Id go with the asv levers, along with a pro design shifter, not a cheaper tusk shifter....

Also, forget the dyna ignition unless you are wanting a shift light, running nitrous or something along those lines. I would stick with the stock cdi for now, and go with cam and springs. They will make more power, and the stage 2 will give you a good base to add larger motor mods on to

·
Registered
219 Posts
Id go with the asv levers, along with a pro design shifter, not a cheaper tusk shifter....

Also, forget the dyna ignition unless you are wanting a shift light, running nitrous or something along those lines. I would stick with the stock cdi for now, and go with cam and springs. They will make more power, and the stage 2 will give you a good base to add larger motor mods on to
I would do the same, no doubt ! Well put !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Forget the after market cdi, unless you have money to waste.

·
Registered
256 Posts
+1 to forgetting about the ignition.

I would recommend the ASV levers as well. I have fly levers, and they really don't seem any different than the OEM one's, I just bought them when I wrecked the original ones as they were cheaper than stockers.

ASV feel real nice though, I'm going to break down soon and buy some for myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts