Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 2 1/2 years we been stagnate...Lots of ideas but nothing happing in the development and testing area. 100% my fault, We need to keep this stuff in house to get it done.

One side effect of bigger cams , ported heads , over sized valves , along with a few other things with a turbo Raptor is you begin to loose torque as you gain horse power. All these mods do offer great horse power and over rev......But I wanted some of the torque back that we have with the smaller parts and mods.

This build started as a 100% stock build with one of our standard dual injector turbo kits on it. It been turbocharged for 4 years now trouble free. The owner is looking to get more power out of it.,
The bottom end is still 100% stock and never been apart , We added a turbo piston , +2 ported head , one of our D7 turbo hill shooter cams, updated the head pipe to the 2010 and up design , Bigger fuel pump with the adjustable by pass regulator.

The blue run file was done last week. Good horse power and torque , Clean boost rise. We could of left it at that , but prior testing and data told us it should make more torque.
So we moved the c/l on the exhaust lobe and added the bigger fuel pump for the red run file.

The results were quite positive. No change in with the boost controller adjustment we gained 1.76 psi in boost , 9.31 ft lbs torque and 15.15 horse power.
Not bad for a simple cam timing change.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can see the performance gain over the prior cams tested, Both builds are the same other then the prior test Raptor has a Carrillo rod. Also note the cleanup in the boost rise little to no wave. We will discuss that soon. Lots of stuff going on.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coming up next is our Turbo duner build. It will use our dune/trail cam....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Bob. Have you guys done any testing with running a full ex vs just the downpipe. I'd be curious to see the pros and cons.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Tate , Yes we have run full exhaust before. Its fine with a 80 hp and down set up but we did start to see drops in power over that. Its like anyother big single it likes to move the exhaust out. That is where we are gaining the power now.

This is the best muffler set up to date we have built. Its a race muffler with a race cone also built into it. Works great and has a really noticeable drop in sound. Without any drop in power.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ah. I've always wondered. I've seen the racers edge turbo run a full exhaust. Never asked if it was for looks or made a hp/tq difference. Could the size and how much the head flows make a difference ?

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was it on there drag build or a duner...........Good thing about all this stuff is there is more then one way to skin a cat.....:starstruck:

·
Registered
371 Posts
drag bike, turbo Honda carbed and there turbo rappy carbed. not sure if the carbed made the difference or not

1 - 9 of 9 Posts