Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion for changing out the stock bars. I actually bent the hell out of my stock ones this weekend and need to replace anyway. So, thinking of upgrade. My friend has Pro-Tapers on his 400ex but they seem a little wide and low for me. Any suggestions????

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
I love my Flexx bars but they are pricy.. Dont forget if you get fat bars you will need a new clamp also..:thumb:

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
Have you took off the stock bars off, yet? Them things are HEAVY!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm going to have some Flexx bars with risers available. Due to my handlebar accessories (Baja Designs Lights), I need to go back to a standard bar that has more realestate for attachments.

If you're not in a rush, mine will be up for sale within a month.

SS

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
If you want to go dirt cheep I have a set of OEM Raptor 700 bars with grips still on them in mint condition you can have for the cost of shipping..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a set of Tag T2's on mine, but they seem too short, I'm going to get a set of risers here soon, they're only like 4.5in and drive me nuts, but besides that I love 'em. I rolled my 350 down a drop-off like enbankment last weekend, and the bars are fine. :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey did you ever measure those????? I know the part number is different, So wonder what the actual difference in the bars are.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NO, dont care for the pro tapers. My stepson has them on his 400ex and they seem to wide and low. I already rebuilt the quad. It is trail ready (again). I put the stock bars back on. Was shocked they were only 22.00 new. Going to have a friend weld a cross bar into them for support this time and just put a pad on it. I contacted protaper but they dont sell just the cross bar assembly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
REALLY...THanks dude.......

Making my maiden voyage to Hatfield McCoys trails in West VA July 4th weekend. Anyone been there??? Any tips???

·
Registered
10 Posts
cheap bars

If you want to go dirt cheep I have a set of OEM Raptor 700 bars with grips still on them in mint condition you can have for the cost of shipping..
hey if no one has taken you up on them yet, i would be interested in those bars wreckless.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts