Modded Raptors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Yeah you will have no problem with a 50" quad, they allow sides by sides there except on the black trails and they are marked with a "No side by side (UTV)" sign. Even on those trails you could make but width might hinder you in some spots.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Yeah, that trail 93 is insane !!! so is 28 and 29 is no slouch either and 40 is respectable. It was at the end of our 77 mile ride that day and it's a good thing, those trails are crazy !!!

Glad you had a good time R,R,R :thumb: boy I need to get back there I just love those hard trails you outta see the single track trails for the dirtbikes.:banghead: I was down in 2004 & 2005 it was in 2004 when the guy rolled the outlander on top of trail 93 there was two big rocks at top boy was it ugly and I went up that thing on my CR 250. When I went back down in 2005 they removed the rocks on top of trail 93 it was really narly before the fix the guy came over the rocks and had his outlander in 4 low and when he dropped over the rocks it nosed over and then went rolling crazy I was glad no one was hurt. You proably passed through my neck of the woods on your way down if you came via PA Turnpike to 119 south to WV INT 68 then WV INT 79 south.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
No, we took I-77 all the way to Charleston.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Some pics of our adventure.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
That's the Speedway in Man (my hometown) Did you take the oppurtunity to crank some wheelies up Buffalo Creek Road?:)
Not sure what roads we were on but we didn't "crank some wheelies" on any of them. We just idled through town out of respect since we are allowed to ride in town. Once we hit the trail, the throttle was pinned !!! That place is really awesome, we stayed right by the Man Hillbillies' football field.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Not sure what roads we were on but we didn't "crank some wheelies" on any of them. We just idled through town out of respect since we are allowed to ride in town. Once we hit the trail, the throttle was pinned !!! That place is really awesome, we stayed right by the Man Hillbillies' football field.

That's where I played football at:thumb: Anyway, if you would've went further up the road (which is legal btw) you could've passed some cars on some straight aways (which is illegal btw):D....but I'm crazy I guess:lol:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
That's where I played football at:thumb: Anyway, if you would've went further up the road (which is legal btw) you could've passed some cars on some straight aways (which is illegal btw):D....but I'm crazy I guess:lol:
Funny part is, my buddy and some guys in cabin next to us jumped the fence and ran a 100 yard dash on the football field saturday night. :lol::lol: Passing cars would be a blast, but I chose to respect the law during my visit.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Got an email from them responding to my inquiry about my full cage 4 seat rhino allowed there. "Thanks for the e-mail Don. The machine must have been manufactured nothing
added on after purchasing the machine. If you need anything else just
e-mail me."

Guess we won't be spending our money there. Stupid policy.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Got an email from them responding to my inquiry about my full cage 4 seat rhino allowed there. "Thanks for the e-mail Don. The machine must have been manufactured nothing
added on after purchasing the machine. If you need anything else just
e-mail me."

Guess we won't be spending our money there. Stupid policy.
I think it's a great policy. We hate catching up with slow vehicles that either can't or won't let us around. You need to find trails designed for your vehicle out of respect for other riders.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
That's fucking Bullshit Ryan. So according to that dumbass statment my family should not be allowed anywhere to enjoy this sport because it will slow you down.

They have trails there for SxS. SxS are allowed just not modified 4 seaters. Stay off the green trails and you won't be slowed down.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
That's fucking Bullshit Ryan. So according to that dumbass statment my family should not be allowed anywhere to enjoy this sport because it will slow you down.

They have trails there for SxS. SxS are allowed just not modified 4 seaters. Stay off the green trails and you won't be slowed down.
I didn't say your family shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the sport. The policy is in place for a reason, mostly because the vehicle won't fit or be able to navigate the trails, which causes people to have to wait for the vehicle to be extracted. We do all the trails there and actually catch more people on the black trails than on green. I don't have a problem getting slowed down until there is an opportunity for them to let us around, I do the same when we are caught. I'm just amazed at how many disrespectful people are on the trails. It's no wonder this sport is constantly under attack. If riders don't have respect for each other, they surely don't respect people outside the sport. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I didn't say your family shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the sport. The policy is in place for a reason, mostly because the vehicle won't fit or be able to navigate the trails, which causes people to have to wait for the vehicle to be extracted. We do all the trails there and actually catch more people on the black trails than on green. I don't have a problem getting slowed down until there is an opportunity for them to let us around, I do the same when we are caught. I'm just amazed at how many disrespectful people are on the trails. It's no wonder this sport is constantly under attack. If riders don't have respect for each other, they surely don't respect people outside the sport. :banghead:

That's not how you worded it. SxS should stay off some trails, no doubt. Having the kiddies in the Rhino will keep us off all but the green trails. We probably will be going for the June dirt days.

As all sports people fuck it up. On the street, the bikes weaving in and out, wheelies, etc just give the others a bad name, same goes for the offroad and then there is the lack of common curt. Rhino are very capable machines but width is a down fall and trails are marked for a reason. Could not agree more. But their policy about modified OHV is dumb. After talking to some with mods the rangers don't seem to care.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
That's not how you worded it. SxS should stay off some trails, no doubt. Having the kiddies in the Rhino will keep us off all but the green trails. We probably will be going for the June dirt days.

As all sports people fuck it up. On the street, the bikes weaving in and out, wheelies, etc just give the others a bad name, same goes for the offroad and then there is the lack of common curt. Rhino are very capable machines but width is a down fall and trails are marked for a reason. Could not agree more. But their policy about modified OHV is dumb. After talking to some with mods the rangers don't seem to care.
Yeah, I really don't care who is on the trail with what, we all pay the same trail permit fees, I just wish everybody would respect each other and put aside riding abilities and ego's so we could all get along to make the sport stronger.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm setting up a trip sometime in May and I would like feedback on which trail system do you guys Recommend? we all have Raptors and we all have a problem riding slow:banana:... also which cabin do you guys recommend staying at...

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.