Modded Raptors Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'm setting up a trip sometime in May and I would like feedback on which trail system do you guys Recommend? we all have Raptors and we all have a problem riding slow:banana:... also which cabin do you guys recommend staying at...
I haven't been to all the trail systems there but the Browning Fork Trails (Rockhouse) would be very hard to beat. I don't remember the name of the cabin we stayed in but it was awesome, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, and full kitchen. It was located in Man close to the football field. Make sure you get pizza from Gino's !!! :beerchug: You can average about 20 mph on the trails, the black trails will slow you down but stay light on the pegs and DON'T look down, lol. We rode 77 miles in one day including the Rockhouse trail. I highly recommend going there and I highly doubt you will be disappointed. :thumb:

Unfortuanately, utilities and side by sides will slow you down when you catch them and most of the trails are too tight to get by them and for some stupid reason they don't wanna let anybody around. :banghead: :wtf: :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I haven't been to all the trail systems there but the Browning Fork Trails (Rockhouse) would be very hard to beat. I don't remember the name of the cabin we stayed in but it was awesome, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, and full kitchen. It was located in Man close to the football field. Make sure you get pizza from Gino's !!! :beerchug: You can average about 20 mph on the trails, the black trails will slow you down but stay light on the pegs and DON'T look down, lol. We rode 77 miles in one day including the Rockhouse trail. I highly recommend going there and I highly doubt you will be disappointed. :thumb:

Unfortuanately, utilities and side by sides will slow you down when you catch them and most of the trails are too tight to get by them and for some stupid reason they don't wanna let anybody around. :banghead: :wtf: :thumbsdown:

You might have stayed in the Rockhouse Lodge Ryan, here's a vid of it:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Yea. I just mapquested it and Im only 4 hrs away! Come spring time, IM THERE!!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Littlez please send reminders about the end of April. Ill try to remember the date and get my buddies together.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
SMIB, looks like we will not be able to make that 4-20 trip...We're talking about going down on April 10th and making a 3 or 4 day weekend out of it...Since we have off work on the 10th anyway.

If anyone is interested in that weekend, let me know.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Permits are now $50.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
How long is the permit good for? Is it for the whole year?
Yeah, that's the only way they sell them now. They did away with daily and weekend passes. So it's $50 if you ride 1 day or 300.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hatfield is worth 50 considering we pay 48 to ride at wayne national forest for a year and they do NOTHING too improve the trails !

·
Registered
67 Posts
SMIB, looks like we will not be able to make that 4-20 trip...We're talking about going down on April 10th and making a 3 or 4 day weekend out of it...Since we have off work on the 10th anyway.

If anyone is interested in that weekend, let me know.
Hey Raptor girl which trail head are you guys going to????????? My be interested

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
We did Browning Fork. I highly recommend that one, it contains 90 miles and the Rockhouse Trail that you have to say you conquered if you go there. Dingess Rum (Bearwallow)(70 miles) is supposed to be really good as well as Indian Ridge (Ashland)(63 miles). I would avoid Little Coal River and Buffalo Mountain. They are OK for a day or half day but they don't have very many more difficult trails.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
Last time I was down there in 05 I paid $37.50 for a 3 to7 day permit. I cant remember what the full year pass was then but I do know it was more than $50.00 but anyhow I rather pay $50.00 for a one time fee for all year and know that I am able to make a couple trips down during the year with the same permit unstead of going down and buying a 3 to 7 day permit for $37.50 each time. :cool:

Here is the place where we stay Larry & Tambra are great host`s. :thumb:
Browning Fork "Do-Drop In"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't know yet. If you are interested and have a suggestion, let me know. We're pretty flexible. We've never been there and are open to suggestions.
Well went me and the wife and kids go we stay at my father inlaws house he is only 20mins from Indian ridge, 40mins from Pinnacle creek and burning rock. All the trail heads are fun. Haven't been at burnung rock yet but i herd it is nice you really can go wrong at any of the trail heads down there.There is a nice camp ground at Indian ridge in a Town call ashland here is the web site check it out it looks really nice. How many of you are going down?
Ashland Resort, West Virginia: Campground, Cottages, Cabins, and ATV Rentals

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.