Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok took my dads bike out last Saturday (706 BB). At first all seemed good. But now i have an issue. when i rev the bike at all. Rev it high or barely rev it at all, it will rev for about 10 to 15 seconds and then cut out. So the first thing i thought was PB sensor easy fix, just yank the wire and everything is all good. It did the same thing on my other bike, felt very similar. Well no, it did make any change at all. So no my 706 raptor wont get out of first gear. . . It feels like the PB sensor but its no longer plugged in. i tried running with the air lid (to see if it was running to lean) and that made no difference. Please need help my dad is really bummed out, and he wants to sell it now.

Thinking back about the issue today as i write this, The only thing that i didn't check was idle screw and it did seem to idle high. Any one think that it was flooding its self? Yet it didn't seem like a fuel issue(I could be wrong ). Could the "rev" box be broke (some guy where i was riding said that could be it)

I tried taking of the cap and it still did the same thing (beware of gas getting everywhere) to see if it was vapor lock. I also tried it with the petcock "ON" and on the "RESERVE" setting and still did the same thing. On a other note, i tried turning up the idle screw and the bike drove its self with out even pressing the throttle, and did the same thing. The bike just cuts out when i rev it high, then it comes back, then cuts out again. Any other help? This is really frustrating

-Kyle

P.S. I hate snooty neighbors, I was driving in a circle in front of my driveway (testing the quad) and this lady drives up and rolls her window down. she says "there is an officer that lives right there and if you don't stop ill report you" and then i said "Oh you know mike also? I would tell him because he will come out here and ride my other one. . . then you'll have two quads out here."

Need some "pro" advise.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Has this just started out of the blue, or are you trying out the new build for the first time? Also are you running stock carbs with the 706? I don't know if that will make any difference as I don't have a lot of experience with anything over a 686, but I thought a 686 was pushing it on stock carbs. To me it would sound like it is running too lean or possibly a dirty carb issue (gas varnishing maybe?), maybe the floats are binding?

Generally when I am having a carb issue I just haul them out and put them on the bench and rip them to pieces and clean everything. Good luck, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will post up soon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is the reverse limiter still hooked up? If it seems like a rev limiter is kicking in it might be shorting for some reason. Did it sit for a long time? Run alright the last time out?

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
very common problem, crack both drain screws loose on the carbs and see which one doesnt flow gas out of it. you will need to take the carbs off and clean the needle and seat. you might want to do the clear tube method when you have them apart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts