Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for tips on how best to adjust my rear shock for both compression dampening and rebound. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to zero in on some great settings for dune and cross-country riding?

Improper settings for my rear shock (along with foolish riding) has already caused me to lose control of my Raptor which resulted in a dislocated shoulder.

Thanks for any tips.

SS

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Um... I think somebody did a GREAT write up in the "How To" section on how to adjust your suspension. You might want to check it out.

-Johnny

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm looking for tips on how best to adjust my rear shock for both compression dampening and rebound. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to zero in on some great settings for dune and cross-country riding?

Improper settings for my rear shock (along with foolish riding) has already caused me to lose control of my Raptor which resulted in a dislocated shoulder.

Thanks for any tips.

SS
When I set up our MX riders bikes, I always set the compression as soft as possible, even bottoming out in 1-2 spots on the track. If you are not bottoming out, you are not using the full amount of travel given. But, dont set it so soft that you bottom out often, this will cause rider fatigue.

Rebound- Faster the rider the faster the rebound. The rebound needs to be set fast enough where the shock does not "pack up" and able to use its full stroke for the next bump, but not fast enough to buck you over the bars. Typically faster rebound will also yeild better slow speed rough riding.

Ride height I like 7-8" for the dunes, and 9-10" for desert on CC. With the front about 1/4" higher then the rear.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips. I've read the HowTo, but I'll check again for anything I may have missed. As for the oil, I really only have about 4 hours of riding on the shocks so far.

·
Registered
432 Posts
nice rear view, haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts