Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be ordering paddles soon was thinking on going 9 paddle.you think i can be fine with 10 paddle haulers and im gonna drop my front gear back to 14t.
mods are

Je 12:5:1
hot cam stage 2
track port and polish
+2 TB
monster duals
trinity intake
pc 3

·
Registered
358 Posts
Where will you be riding? The sand type makes as much difference in paddle selection as your machine does.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it would be at silver lake which i havent been to so not sure on the sand i know a friend said he could spin his 8 paddles no problem

·
Registered
358 Posts
Depending on how the sand is, you could probably pull 10 paddle haulers just fine. I usually say that the 21-12-8 8 paddle is a great all-around tire, but in St. Anthony a few weeks ago, I was wishing for more paddle. I think 10 paddle extremes would have been just right. My guess is that the sand at silverlake is fairly coarse and damp, so less paddle will work better there, like an 8 paddle. The finer and drier the sand is, the more paddle you will want.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update was just told it is consistency of sugar and dry as long as it didnt ran and even if it did it was dry within a hour

·
Registered
253 Posts
IMO stay away from haulers, go with extremes unless you like replacing paddles every couple of years.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
1 good thing about skat trak is they will replace the paddle when needed for a low ammount of $

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
IMO stay away from haulers, go with extremes unless you like replacing paddles every couple of years.

Well I have a pair of 21*12*8 9 paddle superlites and I ran just four times on them and already ripped 2 paddles off. I was at the drags so they do water it. On my paddles I was still spinning in 3rd gear. I am about 80hp and I need more paddle... Sand def does make a difference though.. So there is some food for thought.. After trying 8 and 9 paddle there is no ? that I am going to go with the 12 reg haulers with the kevlar paddle or the 9 or 10 paddle extremes

·
Registered
552 Posts
i will be ordering paddles soon was thinking on going 9 paddle.you think i can be fine with 10 paddle haulers and im gonna drop my front gear back to 14t.
mods are

Je 12:5:1
hot cam stage 2
track port and polish
+2 TB
monster duals
trinity intake
pc 3
I have almost identical mods as your machine and I run 21x12x8 9 paddle bead to bead Gliders and they work great. Yes, sand conditions and gearing makes a big difference

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have had haulers for years, ran on a banshee and raptor. The hold up great as long as you know how to ride in the sand with them and not rough terrain.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I have had haulers for years, ran on a banshee and raptor. The hold up great as long as you know how to ride in the sand with them and not rough terrain.
+1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts