Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i just recieved my Chassis back today and am in process of reinstalling the engine and getting everything back together......Ive hit a snag, I cannot get the Fuel pump to prime when i the key is switched on, ive checked all my connections over and over, even have changed my PC111 connections around but nothing, is there something i should look out for since the motor was outta the Quad.....any help is greatly appreciated!!!! Give me some ideas to recheck or anything.....Thanks!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also cant get any power to the PC111........theres gotta be something stupid im just missing, AH!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have power to the EFI fuse and the Ignition fuse........It Cranks over but no power to the PC111 or the fuel pump

·
Registered
380 Posts
There are two plugs that are exactly the same on the raptors, and they are close enough to get switched. Try and switch the tps plug and the map plug around and it should be fine. If you get them backwards the fuel pump wont run at all.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried moving all the plugs around, even tried installing and uninstalling the PC111......there might be something up front that got knocked loose, i gave up for the night so ill check tomarrow

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a battery Charger hooked up the whole time and The motor does crank normally.......just when the key is switched on theres no activity with the fuel pump or system....Fuel Rail/injector/ and TPS plugs have all been checked multiple times.....my test light reads a dim power output at the fuel pum connector on the far left prong, idk what that means but theres atleast some power reaching the connector, i have a service manual and have begun browsing it as well......tomarrows a new day but as i said I had the motor completly outta the Quad for 2 months and have just started reassembling it all so we'll see what tomarrow brings, Thanks Though as always!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Relay is good and tight, even swapped it with the 1 off my 06.......The Fuel pump is good and runs if hooked up 2 a 12v source........have added di-electric grease to every connection this morning and all plugs are in place.........When the key is switched on theres no power going to the PC111 or he Fuel pump, somewhere in there is my issue and my next step it 2 start ripping the 06 apart and checking between the 2, or else rippingthe harness apart on the 07 and looking for broken wires.......

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright after this afternoon so far weve figured out When you hook the test light to ground and probe it to the fuel pump relay on the Red/Blue wire (blue stripe on red wire) the PCIII and the Fuel pump WILL run but it will not quit priming/running till the test light is removed.......So somehow The test light is providing resistance and allowing the curcuit to work, but if you just run a generic jumper wire it WILL NOT work.....it only works with the test light, WTF IM SERIOUSLY CONFUSED!!! AHHH lol

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have never heard of this before but I installed a raptor engine in a mini rail and it would not run. The owner called me the next day and said that the roll over switch was bad. I dont know anything about a roll over switch on a raptor. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
the ecu will not allow the fuel pump to run or cycle if this switch is bad or is dismounted.....
i ran into this problem once with me 06 700.....hit some what or a witches eye in glamis and then my bike stalled and would not start again.....tried everything, start switches on and off and the on again....battery was going dead and we were out by china wall...getting dark....i pushed the bike down w small hill...went to the bottom and fired it right up.....
i think the switck gets stuck sometimes

·
Registered
112 Posts
+2 on the fuel injection relay. I had the same problem all power to the fuses and it would crank but no fuel pump. It was the wierdest thing. I pulled the relay in the back off and the pinn was all coroded so i bought a new one it was like 24 bucks. Replaced it same problem. Well i was looking in the connector on the wheeler and found out somehow the connector inside the harness plug is bad so i bent the pin ever so slighty and wham fired right up and every now and then it will just die out of no where so i have to take the seat off and wiggle it around. Until i get a new harness i am just dealing with it. It is the last pin on the left bottom cliping side of the relay.:banana:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
ill check the pins in the morning, thanks!

As for my progress, all im left to search for is a broken wire otherwise, Ive swapped the following good parts from my 06 Quad

Fuel Pump/Starter circuit cutoff relay
Fuel pump itself
ECM
Fuel injector
Lean Angle Sensor

As well as discovered all symptoms listed above........what yamaboy711 is describing sounds like a possibility, as i said everything was apart and is possible something got knocked loose in a connector even though relays were switched......anyway i enter Day #3 tomarrow and Ill eventually find the solution....thanks for the help

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If anyone can think of anything else now is the time 2 speak up......I swapped EVERYTHING possible that would hve anything to do with the fuel system and all Im left t do is swap the entire wireing harness.......thats next this afternoon .....if that dont fix it well ill paint Red and call it a Honda!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts