Modded Raptors Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Tried it...

Both Harness's are off the Quads and ill be swapping them tonight.......we'll then go from there

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well i swapped Wiring harness's an the Quad fired up and ran normally.......so apperantly something got knocked loose or fried inside the harness during the repair process........So tomarrow ill getit all back together and than see if i can find anything wron inside thebad harness and than eventually get my practice bike running again with another or the repaired harness......it just doesnt end, does it?....lol

·
Administrator
5,646 Posts
I hate to say it but I think I was right. You left a ground hooked up to your frame from the harness when you had the gussets welded on and it shorted out the harness somewhere.. At least you know whats wrong now..:thumb:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah and atleast i can get my Race Quad back together.....i can live w/o the practice bike till The harness is repaired or replaced.....my uncle (who welded it all up or me) is gonna go through the harness and see if he can find the trouble spot....but as for me, i gotta find a way to pay myself for the 15 hours+ labor i racked up over the past 3 days....lol and im buyin all my friends that helped me out Pizza also......O Well is all good now and atleast I learned these Quads inside and out....The wiring harness was the last option as every electrial component was swapped and tested, it defently was an experience

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think you are on the right track with the test light offering resistance.To me it means that for some reason the power isnt following the normal path and is going to ground instead.Only two things I can think of which would do that are a Diode or a resistor.We have both.Resistor is that big white ceramic outfit under front fender I believe.Diode would be in the Regulator/rectifier also under front fender.Look for issues there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are two plugs that are exactly the same on the raptors, and they are close enough to get switched. Try and switch the tps plug and the map plug around and it should be fine. If you get them backwards the fuel pump wont run at all.
Where are the 2 plugs located? I'm having the same problem stated above

21 - 28 of 28 Posts