Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i found my LEDs to put on the raptor, and i remember last time i tried putting them on, i was connecting to the battery and all it did was just sparking like crazy when tring, i need help with that. and also what should i use when connecting these to the main wires so that they stay tight and water tight

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
well what kind of leds do you have? most leds run on i believe 1.5v but i could be wrong. let me know what you have and i could be more help

also solder the wires to the leds and then put on some liquid electrical tape or some rtv permatex.

·
Registered
840 Posts
mine i just did a relay to a switch and one going to the battery heres what mine look like but i ordered mine from oznium.com.not the greatest piks and its about 5x as bright in real life

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks good man, so i need 1 or 2 relays? and a switch and then the 2 main wires, did you use shrink tube? and how did you do your connections? like solder,splice, or just wrap with electric tape?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive made a diagram off "paint", only thing missing is the relay or relays and a fuse holder if its needed, just tell me what im missing and where it goes

View attachment 1370

·
Registered
840 Posts
for every switch you need one relay i used two switches 1 for my red light to run off of and one for my green and blue to run off of.make you positive wire go to the positive part of the battery and negative to the negative

·
2,051 Posts
how many amps do these draw? i have never heard of needing a relay to run something so small. if it is less that ten amps just use a switch.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how many amps do these draw? i have never heard of needing a relay to run something so small. if it is less that ten amps just use a switch.
"thatguy" said i need a relay for the switch, so i already bought everything a relay,toggle switch, and wire and some connecters. do i take the negative and postive wire and hook into the relay then run wire to the switch or how does that work?and with the toggle switch the 3 prongs, do i run a positive and a negative to it?or a postive then put a ground on the frame or what?or do i not need a ground

·
2,051 Posts
from left to right it would be fuse switch then led with the battery on the bottom

sorry i had writing but it didnt go through anyways here is a new schematic for you

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hahahah autozone pos and roc switch.....LOL I like the schematic!

LED draw very little current. Shouldn't be any need for a relay. I've got 4 small leds on my bike and just wired 'em into the taillight wiring. (so they come on with headlights on hi or low beam.)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Wow no need for relays... i have had several sets on my stuff and a simple switch will be good. thing is you could leave them on for days and then still start the battery. LED's draw next to nothing. Therefor no need for the relays.

4 things needed. 1. Battery 2. Fuse 3. Switch 4. LED's

You can hook up 200 LED's and still not need a relay.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Check out oznium.com they have awesome light setups.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i already have lights... its pretty bright in real life that pic is from my phone lol

·
Registered
704 Posts
i run 4 8" strips

1 - 20 of 21 Posts