Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for ideas here. Just Baught a 09 700 that was wrecked (subframe busted off)

All of the electrical stuff is plugged in.

This is what I have:
It cranks over
Has compression

**Fuel pump wont turn on when I crank, or when I first cycle the key on**

When I'm cranking it over, the check engine light flashes on and off, but does not light up unless I'm cranking the engine.

It is wierd, the light seems to flash rhythmically with each rotation on the engine.

What makes the fuel pump work or not work?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
check all the wires going into the ecu. that will cause it not to come on. also make sure the wires on the clutch lever are plugged in. that will cause it also sometimes and i dont know why.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Roll over switch located on the front of the battery box....figure out why the fuel pump does not cycle and you will find the problem....could also be broken wire in the harness

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
figured it out. Fuel pump relay was shot. Un-plugged it, and it was so corroded that a couple of the electrical pins tore out of it and stayed in the plug

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
cool... good to hear... apply some di-electric grease to that connection and other to prevent future issues

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for ideas here. Just Baught a 09 700 that was wrecked (subframe busted off)

All of the electrical stuff is plugged in.

This is what I have:
It cranks over
Has compression

Fuel pump wont turn on when I crank, or when I first cycle the key on

When I'm cranking it over, the check engine light flashes on and off, but does not light up unless I'm cranking the engine.

It is wierd, the light seems to flash rhythmically with each rotation on the engine.

What makes the fuel pump work or not work?
I'm having the same issue but fuel pump works and I don't have fire it flashes in rhythm when cranking I can un plug tps and it throws code for it and I can unplug crank sensor and it gives me a code for that also I'm at wit's end with this bike it's a 07 special edition thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts