Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ! im kinda new to all this engine modding ....i want to put a 11:1 piston with hot cam stage 2 ...i already have the big 3.... i'm gonna be putting the piston before the cam ... just wondering if i need a new map for only adding the HC piston without cam ?... i heard that if you only but up the compression you can keep your current map !!... i know when i add the cam i will have to get a new one tough ! .... does anyone have maps for this setup ???

HMF full exhaust
Pro design intake with k&n filter lid off
PCIII
11:1 piston
hotcam stage 2

thx for your time
happy riding !!:rockon:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
go with a 11.5 tech piston over that 11 to 1. and yes your map is fine without the cam, i would also look at a hc3 over the 2 and look at some porting when you do it

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thx for your help ... can i still run pump gas with the 11.5:1 ??... or is it borderline ok ?... i have this quad for trail riding and alot for winter driving every weekend ... so i dont wanna build a race motor lol... i would just like something to give me a standing chance when i go at the drag races ... tired of getting smoked by tricked out 450's :thumbsdown:

also the hotcam 2 would be best for me to match my riding style ... i aint at the redline often
thx again for your reply

p.s. anyone have a map i could use with this setup?

·
Portsculptor
2,604 Posts
Go with the HCIII, its not a rev cam- just a little better over the HCII. IMO the HCII is for stock compression bikes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx everybody for your input !:thumb:.. i will be going with 11.5:1 tech piston with hotcam stage 3 !... will i need better valve springs due to bigger cam profile ?... i read that you didnt but i just want to confirm ..does anyone know what numbers i should put down with these mods?..thx again !:rockon:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
you dont need to have hd springs or anything with the hotcam, probably low to mid 50s would be normal i would think with your big 3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts