Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i'm going to buy some hiper wheels and i was wondering what the difference is between the CF1 and Tech3 wheels. And for the hiper owners out there... wheres the best place to get them?

Thanks
Dan

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
CF 1 are 100% Carbon Fiber and I believe that they do not have interchangeable bolt circles and the Tech 3 have a billet center and have multiple bolt circles.

Talk to Steve from Tech Quad Shop [TQS], for pricing!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks seven, Which hipers do you have?
I read the tech 3s are for racing and the CF1s are just a cheaper version for the sport rider? Im sure i cant go wrong with either type right?

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
Tech3's

I can not comment on the CF1's realiability, as I never ran them!

All I know is that my Tech3's have never let me down and I ride some of the Rockiest Trails this side of the Rocky Mountains!

I bought the Tech3's when the CF1's were not made available, yet... all I can say is that the HiPer's are a long lasting wheel. If you do end up breaking a specific part of the HiPer wheel, you simply replace that specific part.

BUT if you BEND a aluminum, yes you can staighten it from time to time, but when you do, the wheels integerity, lessens each time... dramatically!

HiPer wheels are the BEST Wheel, one can buy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again seven!

anyone run the CF1 hipers?

·
Registered
902 Posts
CF1's are non beadlock front and single beadlock rear I think.
Tech3 are single beadlock fronts and dual rear. Again, I think.
Tough wheels but heavy.

·
Registered
902 Posts
heavy are you serious there carbon fiber how much lighter can you go
Yea, I'm serious. They advertise being the lightest beadlock style wheel. Which they probably are, but they are heavier than just about any other wheel out there. I'm talkin about the older style ones with dual beadlock rear and single front.
I had ITP C-series and thought they were to heavy so I thought I'd try the Hipers. The hipers are heavier than the C-series. I've since sold 'em all and now I'm running ITP Bajas. (For now...LOL)

·
Registered
936 Posts
I love my Tech3s.....i wont Race on another wheel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts