Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to up the power on my 660.. I'm just wondering if a stage III cam will do good on a piped and no-lid airbox raptor..High comp piston and port work are coming on down the road.. The hot cams website says the stage III is not suited well with stock bore motors..Bike has plenty low end for my rides,,open trials,,fields,,back dirt roads,,and the once in a blue moon 1/8 mile drag passes with my buddies(a predator 500 and a trx450r)...not wanting to go too big on the stage III...And not wanting to small when i finish my modds??? advise please??:coolshades: I tired of being last:mad1:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HEY look who's on my thead..IF IT aint the Raptor of the Month Owner..CONGRATS RAPTORGIRL ..What part is not true the fast enough part ..or the stage III only good in a stroker motor..

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
HEY look who's on my thead..IF IT aint the Raptor of the Month Owner..CONGRATS RAPTORGIRL ..What part is not true the fast enough part ..or the stage III only good in a stroker motor..
lol, thanks. I personally think both parts aren't true...you can never be fast enough lol...as far as I know a stage 3 cam is fine without a stroker motor...at least I've never heard of that lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i'm looking at a top-end kit on ebay..$250 for valves .HD springs,and a hot cam stage II,or III.. i know i need the springs and i can change the stock valves i was just wonding on the cam selection part .. And while its apart i can do the port work and 11 or 12:1 piston..??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maybe my bad if the stage 3 work fine with a stock stroke, but when you look for à stage 3 hotcam, it says that they're for stroker engine, and i heard that a guy put cam stage 3 in à stock raptor and something go wrong in the base.
You need the hd spring for sure, but you're stock valve are good enough.
And i was wrong, never fast enough! But it still à good power gain for stock stroke.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going to get the ebay kit.. i got to save up for the port work so i can do it all at the same time..any advice on piston ratio..12.1.. or so for my weekend warrior..Not wanting to run straight 110 fuel$$$.. can run 50/50..(93 octane and 110 octane)

·
Registered
293 Posts
My gf bike/ my play bike runs very strong for a stock bore 11:1 with a stg 1 hot cam. I mostly run 93 in it and once in a while run 112 in it. I like 11:1 compression, sounds good lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How her bike compare to the 450r?? That predator in my pack can be beat with a gearing change, he passes me in 5th(raptor gear) and he's just going to 5th after he passes me..

·
Registered
293 Posts
Honestly, before the piston, it would run with if not outrun the 450 in 500 to 600 ft. Now with the cam, piston, air box eliminator n all it will out run 3 mod 450s.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've got a stage 3 in my 686, it runs better top end wise than any other motor we've had.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dont think Im go into the crank cases (ctroker cranks)unless i have to i mainly wanta do cam ,port work and a high compression piston ..just wanting some good combinations..

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
It'll run fine with the stage 3 and mods you've mentioned with no stroker). If you feel you lost anything on bottom end ( which I doubt you will), then you could adjust gearing a bit to fix it - sprockets are cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks raptor girl ..im onlyy wanting to go in this thing once.. one more thing do they make advanced flywheel keys for the 660 or is that what the big gun cdi box is for?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would stay with the stage 2 till you get dual exhaust. I would focus on making the bike breath better. The stage 3 cam has a longer duration on the intake only, other than that they are exactly the same. So this mwans your raking more feul in. After u get the duals then cam it. I love the stroker 719 kit I got. Got a huge power gain. Just FYI.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts