Modded Raptors Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OK OK OK made My 1st trip to the track last night.. 9.65 was my best pass @65mph bone stock...i just wanted to get a good starting number.. Now I'm start savaing and searching for some go fast parts.. last bike i had was a banshee ran 8.3 all night @ 75mph..
i would like to be at 8.3 or lower...

·
Registered
408 Posts
about 60HP is all the stock rod is going to hold for any lenght of time, with a good port/piston/exhaust and stage 2 HC it is possible to make in the 58HP range on stock carbs with a jet kit.

I would stick to 11:1 compression, even then you need to run 91-93 octane. On the dyno, same day, just swapping out cams, the stage 3 gave up 5 TQ in the midrange but gains 2HP in the last 1000 RPMs compared to the stage 2. That was a 673 motor 11:1 with Barker duals and 39FCR carbs with trinity billet intake and porting to match. I would stick to a stage 1 HC is staying stock compression.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
NAH MY BUDGET BUILD IS GOING TO BE STAGE 2 HOT CAM OR X4 CAM/ EXHAUST/ PISTON(NOT SURE ON 11:1 OR 12:1) PROBLY 12:1 I LIKE THE LOW END POWER THE BIKE MAKES..NOT INTO SCREAMING IT UP..( I HAD A 2STROKE FOR THAT)CUSTOM +4 SWINGARM..AND THIS SETUP SHOULD BE IN THE MID 50HP RANGE RIGHT??

·
Registered
408 Posts
yeah, you could probably get 51-54 with Barker or LTE duals, stage 2 HC and 11:1 101mm piston. I think you will regret going with a 12:1 over an 11:1 unless you have access to race fuel down the street. 11:1 with a stage 2 has a ton of bottom end and midrange.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I DO HAVE ASSESS TO 110 RACE FUEL DOWNT THE STREET ACTUALLY. THE LOCAL CORNER STORE CARRIES RENAGADE 110 BECAUSE ITS CLOSE TO THE LOCAL DIRT SPEEDWAY..AT $6.75 A GALLON I DONT WONT TO RUN STRAIGHT 110 BUT I CAN LIVE WITH A 110 AND 93 MIX.. COMES OUT TO ABOUT $20 FOR 4 GALLONS.. THATS A BOUT TWO RIDE DAYS FOR ME.. TWO GALLONS PER RIDE....

FOUND A CURTIS SPARKS X-6 HEADER ON EBAY FOR $75 I GRABED IT UP..NOW GOTA FIND THE PIPE TO COMPLETE THE SYSTEM .. MIGHT ORDER IT NEW FROM SPARKS IF ITS NOT A ARM AND LEG PRICE..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Well why start a new thread when i can kick this old one around when its down a lil more..LOL.. UPDATE from a year ago ..I have 11.1 piston,, exhaust ,and deleted the airbox,(BIG 3)..I have dual springs and hc stage 3 waiting for a rainy day to be installed ...could i start looking for a aftermarket cdi box..or is it not a big performance upgrade..

·
Registered
1 Posts
What size jets are you using for this build, were you able to find that sweet spot on the tuning.
I would stay with the stage 2 till you get dual exhaust. I would focus on making the bike breath better. The stage 3 cam has a longer duration on the intake only, other than that they are exactly the same. So this mwans your raking more feul in. After u get the duals then cam it. I love the stroker 719 kit I got. Got a huge power gain. Just FYI.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts