Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much HP can the stock crank handle? Let's say you have a 2017 raptor 700. Big 3 is full monster exhaust, fci intake, pc5. Next upgrades would be a +1 valve and port job, +3 throttle body, hot cams stage 3 cam and a CP 11:1 piston as a fun, safe, reliable pump gas build. Would the stock crank hold up to the power upgrades without having to be upgraded/rebuilt with stronger parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reason I brought it up is because I've seen and heard a lot of horror stories about the new 2015 and up cranks going bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would suggest going with a crankworks or falicon if you are planning on making more than 75-80. I know a lot of people are using oem cranks making well over 80 but that’s a large risk in my opinion. If you have the money I would do it at about 75+hp just for ease of mind. On a new bike you are pry still pretty safe at 75hp but anything over 80 I would start to be a little concerned. On an older bike with a lot of hours on it I would do it at 75hp asap. A lot of times it’s the rod bearings that go first. And not the rod that actually fails. If your rod fails it will most likely take the cases,piston, and probably the head with it and that is and expensive repair. Running an oem bottom end with over 80hp is kind of like rolling the dice in my opinion. especially if it’s a bike with a lot of hours.

·
Registered
468 Posts
:big smile:

·
Registered
468 Posts
And stock bottom end....................still.:rockon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts