Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stabilizer mounts right behind the bumper where the crossmember with 3 holes is going accross. The clamp with the 2 holes on the stabilizer lines up there (towards bumper) The S (soft) will be facing towards the bumper and H (hard) will be towards the stem.the other clamp goes under the frame rails and tightens up to the puck. When standing in the front of the bike the stabilizer arm will be to the right of stem. When clamping steering stem mount the bars straight forward and the stem clamp and linkage should be at a 90 degrees and the stem clamp and the pivot arm on the stabilizer should be parallel.The 4 larger bolts torque at 16 ft/lbs and for the stem clamp snug the two bolts then tighen up the set screw in the center of the clamp and then finish tighten the two bolts to 12 ft/lbs. The set screw will help stem clap from slippen on the steering stem. This is the torque specs I have received from James.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
Good to go with torques... did not know these... always a confident person for this ideal, nighthawk!!!

Thanks for this!

·
Registered
152 Posts
any one have some pictures of it installed.........

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just installed mine today! took about 10 minutes... Very easy install.

The only question is have is how do i know which number mine is adjusted to? I figure its the number that's between the H and S. is that right? and what setting is everyone using?

·
Registered
152 Posts
hey thanks seven great pictures

·
Kuwait All Stars
234 Posts
what is the size for the allen wrench....4.5mm?

·
Registered
216 Posts
yes.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I will be doing this mod tomorrow and I will post some pics that wont go away when someone decides to delete their photobucket account. :****:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts