Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go with the installation of DynoJets Power Commander for the Yamaha Raptor 700R.

Tools Needed:

3/8's socket drive with 6" extension

3/8's size 10mm socket

# 2 screwdriver set

Small Sharp Cutting Pliers

Regular Pliers

4mm Allen

Remove the seat.

For safety purposes, since you will be working on the electrical, disconnect the positive terminal on the battery.

Remove the arrowed items above using your 10mm and screwdriver. Make sure to set them aside somewhere safe, so you do not misplace them or lose them.

You will also have to remove the gas tank cover and front grille. Remove the arrowed items. For the grill removal push up at a -45 degree angle and the grill will come off. For the gas tank cover push forward up and it will slide off. Make sure to set these items somewhere where there is no foot traffic, wouldn't want anyone to step on these items.

Becareful with the lower fairing mount under the seat area, these are tabbed as well, they slide up and backward.

These are what you should set aside from the quad. If you have any more then you took off too much.

I propped the gas tank up with a small box, but if you have someone else available to help you, thats even better, have them hold up the tank.

Route the cables from the PC into the rubber slotted arrowed shown above.

On the lowest farther right hand corner, you will find the TPS connector, disconnect it and tap into the wire. You will use the connector tap connector provided by PC and connect it onto the yellow wire of the TPS plug. Then plugin the PC wire into the tapped connector. I made a slight cut into the factory boot cover so the boot would be able to accomodate the new connector and be protected at the same time as well. Connect the plug back into the TPS.

Your almost done. Now on top, right underneath the gas tank you will find a plugin connector that is on top of the fuel injector. You will unplug that connector and plug in to 2 connectors, the first will bypass and go into the PC and then the other will plugin directly into the fuel injector.

Now that you are done with everything, do not yet put everything back together!!!!

As far as placement of the PC, I used the back part of the Air Box for my placement. What you want to do is make sure that both the sites for velcro placement are cleaned for a good bond. I then applied the one side of the velcro onto the PC and then with the other opposite side on the PC, dropped and pressed it into the PC so that way the velcro pieces are fully aligned.

Do not worry about wet weather riding. The PC will fit right inside the airbox. See above pics.

Now your install is done.

Now for the downloading and aplying of the PC software etc, please go to the below sites for more info:

http://powercommander.com/suppsoft.shtml
Download software, click above.

http://powercommander.com/tut_download.shtml
For animated tutorials, click above.

http://powercommander.com/accelpump.shtml
Free accelerator pump upgrade download, click above.

http://powercommander.com/416-411.shtml
Detailed map info, click above.

It is really easy if you have a laptop, just install all of the software needed. Plug in the USB cable to the PC and then plugin the other end to your laptop. Start the software, start the quad, and there you go, the PC and laptop are communicating. For further info, please read the manual as to what and how to do things.

This mod, allowed the bike to not run lean, and your set of the pants dyno will feel the difference right away. This is probably the best mod you can do for your 700r.

Modded Raptor would like to thank CALIRAPTOR700

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Now I know that this shows putting the PCIII inside the air box. Most of the PCIII's I've seen installed, people have mounted them in the little cubby hole where the tool pouch goes.

My only concern is if you mount it inside the air box, does it hurt air flow?

Our fearless leader Wreckless, is working on putting together a "Map Library" for the PCIII. If you guys have any maps please send them to Wreckless or reply to this link.

http://moddedraptor.com/community/showthread.php?t=189

-Johnny

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
I mounted my PCIII in the air box area... on additional thing that I added to my airbox is a Protec Lid... amazing difference when, installed!

If you do not have this set up... GO GET IT.

One of a kind 'kick in the pants' - feeling!

·
Wheelie Master
510 Posts
Nice Write up I also mounted my efi controller in the air box to keep the water off it. I also have the Protec Lid :thumb: --all the power of running no lid yet there is protection.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice write up man

·
Registered
152 Posts
great write up just wanted to add one thing..... if you get no power to ur pc3 it might be that you plugged it in wrong..

THE TPS IS THE PLUG WHERE THE WIRES ARE COMIING OUT TOWARDS THE REAR OF THE BIKE NOT THE ONE UP ON THE RAIL FACING THE FRONT OF THE BIKE....

·
Registered
909 Posts
And I'll add - if you have the style pictured, you can call up Dynojet and they'll upgrade it to the plug-n-play version free. They did mine no questions asked, even though I had bought mine second hand.

Plug-n-play eliminates the tap splice. It all just plugs in.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
So does the PCIII get its power from the TPS ??? My problem is ... my PCIII has been on the quad for 4 years now and isn't getting power and I have no spark. I disconnected the PCIII and still nothing, so could it be the TPS ??? It's the original '06 and I know they are very well known to go bad. Or what else could it be ???

·
Registered
909 Posts
So does the PCIII get its power from the TPS ??? My problem is ... my PCIII has been on the quad for 4 years now and isn't getting power and I have no spark. I disconnected the PCIII and still nothing, so could it be the TPS ??? It's the original '06 and I know they are very well known to go bad. Or what else could it be ???
I'm 99% sure yes, or at least the power going to the TPS from the computer.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'm 99% sure yes, or at least the power going to the TPS from the computer.
Ok thanks, I also realized today that I could try to power the PCIII with the plug/9 volt battery to see if it works or not.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The PC3 gets its power from the fuel pump not the TPS, the TPS sends a signal to the unit.
Now that makes alot of sense because I didn't notice the fuel pump making any noise last night when I turned on the key, but why I wouldn't have spark throws me off on that theory.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The TPS has nothing to do with spark either...it's either from the pump not sending a signal to the computer or you have a coil/ignition issue.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the injector and fuel pump share same 12v source,that is what power the pcIII,,when you put switch to on,did you have 12v for 3 sec. on the pump for priming? if not can be as simple as a fuse or relay that power up the fuel pump or ecu.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
the injector and fuel pump share same 12v source,that is what power the pcIII,,when you put switch to on,did you have 12v for 3 sec. on the pump for priming? if not can be as simple as a fuse or relay that power up the fuel pump or ecu.
The pump does not prime, I only found 2 fuses at the starter relay and they were both fine. Which relay could be powering up the ECU or fuel pump ???

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The TPS has nothing to do with spark either...it's either from the pump not sending a signal to the computer or you have a coil/ignition issue.
I swapped the coil (and ECU) from the SEII and it didn't work, so I have ruled that out. What else could be the culprit by ignition ??? I do have power at the coil so I have ruled out the start/run switch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts