Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The following is quoted from Limited660, i should take no credit for this

Ok, first locate the left headlight, it looks like this.

Take the headlight off and follow the wire from the top of the clutch perch down inside and tug on it while watching the wires, you should see and white plug with 2 wires going into it behind the bracket that supports the radiator. Unplug it, you should now see this. The plug is outlined in yellow and pink.

On my quad, I took the whole wire off the thing. To do this you need to remove hood, then undo the 2 wire clamps, 1 on handle bars, 1 by steering stem. Now on top of the sensor at the perch, you need to push in a tang and pull at the same time to remove it, now pull it out and put the wire clamps back on and put it all back together. The wire you took off should look like this.

Your done, enjoy your riding free of engine cutting out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine too :cunfuz:

·
Registered
268 Posts
My clutch perch has 2 electrical plugs and wired coming out of it. Which one is for the parking brake. And what does the other one do?

·
Registered
277 Posts
My clutch perch has 2 electrical plugs and wired coming out of it. Which one is for the parking brake. And what does the other one do?
One is the PB sensor and the other is the clutch safety switch, if it is in gear and you don't have the clutch lever pulled in, it wont turn over. I dont run any of them, Reverse, clutch or PB switch.

·
Registered
268 Posts
One is the PB sensor and the other is the clutch safety switch, if it is in gear and you don't have the clutch lever pulled in, it wont turn over. I dont run any of them, Reverse, clutch or PB switch.
Yeah I just had to look at it closer, one clearly goes to the PB and the other to the clutch. PB came off no problem, clutch is next and then reverse. I'm really feeling the need now for some ASVs to clean up the look of where I removed the parking brake.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts