Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding yesterday and noticed a kid with a radar gun....odd huh!!! anyway I asked him if he would mind clocking me (after I had to have a translater explain to him what I wanted.....gotta love California where the kids don't even know english!!) My first run was from about 1/8 mile and I ran in at 77mph. I thought to myself I can do better than that....so I backed it up to almost 1/4 mile and tried again....I got a whopping 84 out of it that time which I was very pleased with. the only thing I have done is the big three and a 15t front sprocket. Now my question to you guys is what are you all running? has anyone else been clocked??
Ride safe,
STEVE

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
I did 96 on the dyno, but that is no wind resistance so it does not count. I would like to find a cool cop that would let me make a run past his radar gun. :lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
i did 83 on gps down a dirt road...with big 3 ....

btw im 150lbs...

·
Registered
9 Posts
One thing to add is your weight. Mine tops out at 80 mph with my 250# in the saddle. I have big3, +2 TB, Ign Programmer Setting 2.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can only get to 73,but I never messed with the 5th gear limiter..Thats on the road with razr's 23'' front and 22'' back with 20lbs in each tire..that was with my trail tech vapor..It is pretty accurate ..oh with the normal 8lbs per tire I run the front end gets squirly at about 55 on the road..

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can only get to 73,but I never messed with the 5th gear limiter..Thats on the road with razr's 23'' front and 22'' back with 20lbs in each tire..that was with my trail tech vapor..It is pretty accurate ..oh with the normal 8lbs per tire I run the front end gets squirly at about 55 on the road..

damn you put that much in your razrs. i only have 6 PSI in the front and 5 PSI out back. and my fat ass at 280 on the seat. mine never gets crazy on the pavement. :think:

·
Registered
53 Posts
damn you put that much in your razrs. i only have 6 PSI in the front and 5 PSI out back. and my fat ass at 280 on the seat. mine never gets crazy on the pavement. :think:
8 lbs is a little on the high end,I know..For the rocks and crap that I ride,I've found that is the best "all around" pressure for me..I only pumped them up to check my road speed..But the trails I ride..I never get out of 3rd anyway..so I don't much care about my Rappy's top speed..But it is always fun to find out:banana:

·
Registered
51 Posts
ok that's cool. i was just thinking damn that is a shit load of air.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah didn't think about air pressure when I originally started this thread.....I have the stock tires with about 5 lbs in the rear and I think 7 up front. I am only 170lbs myself....I was pretty impressed the rappy got our asses movin that fast!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did 145 km/h, with a little wind in my back!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I raced a harley when I was stock and beat him in 1/8 mile. Then we ran a top end race because he was mad the race ended so soon because he was catching me at the end. He caught me and said I topped at 78 and then he walked away from me.

·
Kuwait All Stars
234 Posts
I got paced by my buddy on my other ride a KTM 525 EXC 07,
Top speed was 87MPH
Im 200lbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
16 tooth sprocket stock cyl stock stroke ran 81 in the 1/8th and 87 in the 1/4 at a local track haha and still had the speed sensor plugged up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts