Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason being is that the intake does not come with instructions and there is nothing out there on the net that gives a straight answer. I’ve been searching for the last two days. I’ve read in tons of different forums, even in yfz450 and rhino forums. The only really good stuff I can find is pictures on Photo Bucket witch I forgot the name of the person who posted them and there from this forum.
So I ask for your input, anyone that has one or wants to share info on how to install it would be much appreciated.
I’m looking for – Crankcase breather tube placement – Did you use all the parts that came with it? – Did you use parts off your old intake? – How about the circle bracket that holds the tube and filter, did you put the bracket under the two plastics on the frame were they come together or on top of the plastics? These are just some examples.
I think if I get a lot of different viewpoints then I can come up with a good or maybe a standard way of installing this intake.
If you like to help cool, if not then thanks for looking.

P.S. I’m thinking about making a video without the box installed and one with the box installed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
DO NOT buy the KDS valve off his site.......you wont get it because he doesnt sell them anymore. Have to buy it from Racers Edge.

On the FCI, I agree...kind of BS they dont send any directions...not that its a tough install but they blow their horn about all the engineering behind it and dont offer any sort of advice on install. Also, the way I had to twist the intake tube to get it to fit best into the rubber boots at the TB connection, it runs the air filter into the bump on the right side of the box where the tail light panel bolts up. Im going to try and make some adjustments to it though and see if I can get some clearance.

I used the two 90s off the stock air box...plugged on into the tube, and pointed it towards the rear of the bike, then used the other 90 and turned it towards the right side of the box and went over the intake tube and looped back under to attach to the throttle body. The crank case breather I just left how it was and it ran straight into the box.....might want to cut 3/4" or so off of it though. The TB hose routing was suggested by a member on RF and I just made it work with what I had.....But you will have to buy more hose because what they supply is too short.

·
Registered
87 Posts
a video or pictures along with a step by step would be awesome

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I had to get my evac valve from raptor source. I've had it a few months now.
Thanks for the input so far. I hope more people chime in on this subject.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah I had to get my evac valve from raptor source. I've had it a few months now.
Thanks for the input so far. I hope more people chime in on this subject.
how do you like the evac valve and do you have a video or pictures of how to install the fci and/or evac valve?

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you like the evac valve and do you have a video or pictures of how to install the fci and/or evac valve?
I haven't noticed any diffrence with the valve and it just goes inline of the crankcase breather tube.
I don't have pictures or a video yet because i'm waiting for more input like the first post says.

·
Registered
87 Posts
well i hope you make one for the fci maxwell. Your hot cam install video was awesome

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I have it all thought out and I used all the parts that came with it.

The crankcase breather tube stays the same as I had it before. It has noting to to with the intake, just have to mount it some where.

It all seems simple to me now. Thanks to every one that helped me with this.

Now i'm off to make a video!

·
Registered
87 Posts
what's up maxwell? did you ever get around to making the video yet?

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what's up maxwell? did you ever get around to making the video yet?
I filmed it all, just have to edit and upload.
Been kind of busy. Might get into it tonight.
I'll will have it up by the weekends end.

·
Registered
87 Posts
awesome!! My fci just arrived!! :hyper: So many parts and I have no clue what to do with them :iamlost:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can't wait to see the vids. I enjoyed all ur other vids

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
awesome!! My fci just arrived!! :hyper: So many parts and I have no clue what to do with them :iamlost:
I can't wait to see the vids. I enjoyed all ur other vids
Thanks guys!
This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete. So wait a little bit and you should have the option to watch in high quality.
This is the way I did it. Do not know if it's the way FCI intended but it seems to be working great. Defiantly better throttle response.

Enjoy and please Comment, Rate and Subscribe. :rockit:

:sport:

·
Registered
87 Posts
you are the man!!!!! :hail: :banana:

I do have a couple of questions...... I've read that people use the little 90 piece from the stock tube. I didn't see you use it any particular reason why?

It looks like you connected all three hoses together.... how did you connect the small hose to the tube and to the bigger hose? Did you use any kind of hose clamp or did you just stick them in? :eyebrow:

What was that, that you cut and stuck around the valve?

Oh yeah GREAT VIDEO!!!!! :thumb: :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
DO NOT buy the KDS valve off his site.......you wont get it because he doesnt sell them anymore. Have to buy it from Racers Edge.
yeah but u can order them on the iste then a week later get an email saying order them from here. WTF!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used the stock 90s. I might be able to take a pic tomorrow. I dont know which is the correct way, but I didnt drill the box and attach the metal plate to it like you did. I bolted the metal plate under the plastics and my filter clamp is on the inside of the box.....

Were you able to bolt the metal plate down still with it being attached to the box? I cant see the holes lining up anymore. Sure would be nice if FCI provided some sort of directions...

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah but u can order them on the iste then a week later get an email saying order them from here. WTF!
Yea, I ordered one of his site also and never received any info.....Was told by another member he doesnt sell them and I better call.....So I called and got my money back....Need to order one from RE now.

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I used the stock 90s. I might be able to take a pic tomorrow. I dont know which is the correct way, but I didnt drill the box and attach the metal plate to it like you did. I bolted the metal plate under the plastics and my filter clamp is on the inside of the box.....

Were you able to bolt the metal plate down still with it being attached to the box? I cant see the holes lining up anymore. Sure would be nice if FCI provided some sort of directions...

I put the bracket on top of the plastics.
I drilled a hole in the bracket big enough to fit the crankcase breather tube then put in the evac with a filter from a carparts store.

I put the FCI together the way I thought looked right. The bracket has a rubber ring so I bolted the box to it than put the filter through the bracket. The tube goes into the filter till it locks in. That expands the filter and it makes the fci fit together nice. Then the clamp.

I used all the tubes together and went over the top of the intake tube and around to the TB.

Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts